St George's day!

pacticenurse

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Pom Queen

It's strange isn't it over here we get a public holiday and there is so much entertainment going on, yet they won't even let you have the day off :no:

Guest The Pom Queen
​Why would they?

They do here for Australia Day though Wendee, well they do at our children's school.

Guest The Pom Queen
My sons school celebrated St Patricks day but why not celebrate St George day too?

Even the Aussies celebrate St Patricks Day

Guest chris955

Absolutely, lots of schools celebrate St Georges Day, why wouldnt they ? Most Brits are proud of their country.

Guest Guest 47403

I saw absolutely nothing in recognition of St George's day yesterday and visited 3 different places asked my daughter if they did anything at school and she said no although I'm sure they did last year she goes to beevers tomorrow and it always has some theme and tomorrow is a St George's theme I don't think England is to bothered about St George's day tbh

Yesterday was great, went for a bike ride after work and came apon a FREEEE outdoor pub in Birmingham City Centre that had popped up in Brindley place to launch a new brand. Free cold on tap larger, it was realy nice.. had three pints and they gave me two cans for the road.

I had never heard of the beer before, it was called Davenports... and they were launching new ranges called English Pride.

Guest chris955
Sad but very true in many areas..

​Its just low key here, Brits dont tend to go for the in your face stuff like Americans for instance.

​Its just low key here, Brits dont tend to go for the in your face stuff like Americans for instance.

Yeah your right, but my friend was in Manchester last year and said the full town centre she was visiting was closed off for St. Patrick's celebrations..

Yesterday was great, went for a bike ride after work and came apon a FREEEE outdoor pub in Birmingham City Centre that had popped up in Brindley place to launch a new brand. Free cold on tap larger, it was realy nice.. had three pints and they gave me two cans for the road.

I had never heard of the beer before, it was called Davenports... and they were launching new ranges called English Pride.

......so I move to Australia and they start giving away free beer in Brindley Place. Typical eh?

Guest chris955
Yeah your right, but my friend was in Manchester last year and said the full town centre she was visiting was closed off for St. Patrick's celebrations..

St Patricks day is huge in Australia as well and I never really understood it until I realised it was (like here) an excuse to go out and get very drunk, it seems to have little to do with St Patrick or Ireland to be fair.

VI had never heard of the beer before, it was called Davenports... and they were launching new ranges called English Pride.[/quote

Davenport s old brewery, used to sell Beer at home , you'd order by phone and they'd deliver

St Patricks day is huge in Australia as well and I never really understood it until I realised it was (like here) an excuse to go out and get very drunk, it seems to have little to do with St Patrick or Ireland to be fair.

I guess you've never been to Ireland on Paddys day.

Archived