Looking for long term holiday rental in Mentone/Mordialloc/Parkdale region

aduffield76

Hi all

After having our visa's since September 2012 and having a reccie holiday to Melbourne this February, we are looking at moving out to Melbourne this coming November.

However, we are struggling to find a medium term, furnished holiday rental that will accommodate myself, my wife and our 2 young children for 2-3 months (November to February) whilst I find a job, get the kids settled in one of the schools we went to see and find a more permanent rental.

We have looked at stayz.com.au and moving-to-melbourne but are yet to find anything that wont require me to sell a kidney to pay for :biggrin:

Please can anyone help or point us in the right direction

Cheers guys

Andy

Guest The Pom Queen
Try Balcombe Serviced apartments, not sure what they charge but they are in Parkdale.

Jee if $700 a week is too much for a 3 bed house on the seafront then I think $275 per night with Balacombe will be, although they do have smaller properties and apartments although cheapest I can see is a 1 bed apartment at $165 per night

Hi Andy.

Remember u kindly gave my hubby the ielts books?

well we've been here 3 mths now. Short term accomm is hard to

to find and therefore very expensive. I think the only way round it is to

to sign up on a normal 12 mth lease. It's not easy from home and I'm susure you'd

rather look round them yourself but we paid $780 a week for our short term let.

I have since seen people advertising their hohomes whilst ththey go hohome for a

month or so but prob not during Ozzie summer. We rented ours for 4 weeks only and got

the kids into school and signed up for a house within that time. Could be done in 3 if u get straight onto it! Good luck!

Guest The Pom Queen
The cheapest I can find is $570 pr week with Ourproperties.com.au. It must just be the area as to why so pricey!

Had a look at this hun is it like rightmove and were there short term rentals on as I was struggling to find them, but it's probably me today. Can you link to the cheaper one as it could be a good price for them.

Guest The Pom Queen

Andy personally I wouldn't be booking short term for 3 months anyway, I know the time of year isn't great but if you came at the beginning of November you could be in your own home before Christmas

Hi all,

Thanks for all your helpful replies.

We are still struggling to find somewhere :confused:

If we could find somewhere for the end of November/start of December then we would come over then. Finding a place that is available will dictate when we book the flights for.

The dates we are provisionally looking for are:

1st December 2013 to 26th January 2014

or

1st December 2013 to 12th January 2014

or

5th January 2014 to 2nd February 2014

or

5th January 2014 to 16th February 2014

If there is an 'aussie rental' angel out there....can you send them my way! :rolleyes:

Cheers guys

Andy

Hi Andy.

Remember u kindly gave my hubby the ielts books?

well we've been here 3 mths now. Short term accomm is hard to

to find and therefore very expensive. I think the only way round it is to

to sign up on a normal 12 mth lease. It's not easy from home and I'm susure you'd

rather look round them yourself but we paid $780 a week for our short term let.

I have since seen people advertising their hohomes whilst ththey go hohome for a

month or so but prob not during Ozzie summer. We rented ours for 4 weeks only and got

the kids into school and signed up for a house within that time. Could be done in 3 if u get straight onto it! Good luck!

Hi

Yes I remember, glad you are doing well over there. Where did you settle in the end and how are you finding it?

We went into an estate agents whilst in Mordialloc in February this year and they told us that you are unable to secure a 'normal' rental from outside Australia as they prefer you to see the property before agreeing terms.

Is this actually true or should we be contacting more Estate Agencies rather than holiday letting companies?

We could then possibly just get holiday rental for 2-3 weeks rather than the 6-8 originally planned.

Andy & Sarah

I don't know if it's useful to you, but have you thought about university accommodation? I know there's a variety of accommodation available, from single rooms to three bedroom flats and there should be availability as there won't be any students needing it around that time.

I don't know how much it would be though, or what's included, but it might be worth a shot if you can be more flexible on area?

I don't know if it's useful to you, but have you thought about university accommodation? I know there's a variety of accommodation available, from single rooms to three bedroom flats and there should be availability as there won't be any students needing it around that time.

I don't know how much it would be though, or what's included, but it might be worth a shot if you can be more flexible on area?

Thanks caramac,

We never thought of that but what a great idea.

We will put some feelers out and see if we get any positive answers back.

Thanks again

Andy

Archived