When do they start school

dazeybear

Hi all,

Getting myself confused, my daughter turned 5 November 2012 and started school September prior to her birthday so will be leaving her reception class July 2013 and should have been going into year 1 in September.

We are moving to Oz in August, will she have to repeat the equivalant when the new school year starts in January? or will she go into year 1,

Not even sure if I understand myself so hope you guys do and can help.

Many thanks

Victoria

Hi all,

Getting myself confused, my daughter turned 5 November 2012 and started school September prior to her birthday so will be leaving her reception class July 2013 and should have been going into year 1 in September.

We are moving to Oz in August, will she have to repeat the equivalant when the new school year starts in January? or will she go into year 1,

Not even sure if I understand myself so hope you guys do and can help.

Many thanks

Victoria

Not sure where you are heading but if you are coming to WA she would start pre-primary when you arrive in August and therefore Year 1 in 2014.

http://www.det.wa.edu.au/curriculumsupport/earlychildhood/detcms/school-support-programs/early-childhood-education/home/calculator.en?oid=Article-id-11572345

Archived