to bring the car or not?

alana rose rae

Hi there, we were looking for advice on wether to bring our car or not. It is worth it to ship it over, but we don't know how much we'll have to pay at the other end. The car is a Mazda 6 (2007) with 36500 miles on the clock. Anyone know approximately how much it'd be worth in Oz and the tax/duty we'd have to pay on it?

We are debating the same, but think we will, we got a quote from Iron Chief, you will see him on the forum. He generally tells you if its worth it, but also check out Redbook.au (I think) and autotrader.au, you will get a guide from that. We have been quoted between £4,500 - £5K - expensive, but cars are expensive there too.

Guest chris955

It CAN be worth it obviously depending on the car, for something 'ordinary' that is 7 or 8 years old I dont think I would bother to be honest.

£4500-5000 seems very expensive. Roll on roll off is around £1000 then you add the taxes etc at the other end.

The car is a Mazda 6 (2007) with 36500 miles on the clock. Anyone know approximately how much it'd be worth in Oz and the tax/duty we'd have to pay on it?

You can get an idea of what that model is selling for at:

http://www.redbook.com.au/cars/research/Mazda/6/2007

I don't know the amount of duty you will pay but, in the Transport subforum, there is a thread by Iron Chef which tells you all you need to know about importing cars.

Hi

I am interested to know more about the £1,000 price. We were quoted $7620 all in for shipping a Honda civic (2011)

Carol

It CAN be worth it obviously depending on the car, for something 'ordinary' that is 7 or 8 years old I dont think I would bother to be honest.

£4500-5000 seems very expensive. Roll on roll off is around £1000 then you add the taxes etc at the other end.

• 2 weeks later...

if you've a car you like its worth it - im going to ship my 2003 focus estate diesel - heres why its worth it to me:

I know the car history - lot of dodgy cars here, read gumtree etc, so many cars here that are 'brilliant' and in 'great condition' just need a new engine etc - hows that good condition - plus as long as you keep re-registering the car here without gaps - it will technically never get tested!

i couldnt buy a car here thats anywhere near as decent for what it costs to ship it

my focus does 50mpg wayyyyy more efficent than most here

Archived