DEFRA Export Health Certificate. HOW? I want me dogs there with me!!

MikenSal

:arghh:HI We have just been tld by our sponsors that we have to be with them by april. Aswell as this being a ridiculously short time frame we have to sort getting the dogs over there. I have a list of everything i need but i don't know where to get the Defra Export health cert from. I've visited the website and drawn a blank. Will the vets have them?

Hiya

I'd ask your shippers for the phone number. As I lived in Dorset at the time, I had to get my Export Certificate from Somerset. I'm sure each region has it's own specific office.

You could also try asking your vet as well. I'm sure they've done the paperwork thousands of times for this sort of thing, but the vet won't actually carry the Export Certificate themselves.

I'm presuming you have a date for your dog to fly out to Australia, as you need to put this date on your Export Certificate. Don't worry too much about it though. The Certificate is usually processed within 10 days. We gave them even less time than this, as it was a rush job for us as well. They managed to to get the paperwork back us in a lesser time than than 10 days.

• 1 year later...
Guest maddog74

Hello,

your animals must have been permanent residents in the UK for at least 6 months. They will also need leptospirosis blood tests and a couple of other blood tests.

It is expensive sending dogs to Australia, but you could save money by contacting Singapore airlines directly, rather than using a pet travel agent. (Qantas / BA think they have a monopoly) You are best to have the animals shipped via Singapore and they should stay on the same aircraft the whole jorney.

I have a copy of the DEFRA form I can email you - it's a 5 minute job to complete, sign, scan, then email to DEFRA -

CatandDogExports.Carlisle@animalhealth.gsi.gov.uk

Tony

• 9 months later...
Guest lianeandlee

:wink:Hey guys

Does anyone have a blank form they can email me - been on phone trying to get through and its no good - plus its cosing me as im already in Oz and dogs are still in UK!

Thanks

Archived