457 Visa Requirements

Hello,

Can I ask anyone who has recently been through this process what exactly is required? I am currently awaiting nomination by the company I will be working for, then once I have been given the nod, I will apply.

I am hoping they will provide guidance on this. Can anyone advise what I need to do and how much it costs? This will give me an idea of paperwork etc..

thank you very much. Xx

Hi,

When I done mine in November I had to provide the following:

Birth Certificate

Passports

My Qualifications (Trade)

Proof of Health Insurance

Offer Of Employment

Nomination Approval Email

Police Clearance Certificate

I had all this scanned and ready to go, once I applied I uploaded everything with the application and it was approved in 3 days.

Think it cost around $280.

Steve

Hi,

I have literally just finished the process, you maybe able to apply online as well, check the australian gov't website. Once the company has given you a TRN number then do it straight away. You will need to have scanned in your certified website, any qualification certificates you may have. Its a really straight forward form that takes 30 minutes to fill in really, have your CV to hand as well, and a scanned signed copy of the letter of offer too. If you go to the Australian gov't website they have a list of things you need to upload/send.

The cost is about 450Aust dollars.so about £300.

Good luck !

MissyG

And yes... contact a health insurance company for a 'letter of intent' - to say that once granted visa you will have medical insurance with them. I went through HCF, it too 48hours to organise, by the time forms are filled in.

Missy G

As mentioned above, I also added, references from previous employer, from customers as I was self employed for the last 10 years, a character reference from a friend who is a police officer. Found it very straight forward, mine took 10 days to get approval, probably would've taken less had I not forgotten to add our scanned passport photos!!!

no medicals or police check needed.

good luck :)

Hi all,

I am also applying for a 457 and am awaiting the company who have offered me a job to complete the nomination process.

Once complete I will then complete my submission.

I have a quick question though, in order to prove my identity, do I need to provide both a certified copy of my passport and birth certificate or will my passport suffice?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Hi all,

I am also applying for a 457 and am awaiting the company who have offered me a job to complete the nomination process.

Once complete I will then complete my submission.

I have a quick question though, in order to prove my identity, do I need to provide both a certified copy of my passport and birth certificate or will my passport suffice?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Hi Tim

you do need to add both your scanned passport and birth certificate.

good luck

As mentioned above, I also added, references from previous employer, from customers as I was self employed for the last 10 years, a character reference from a friend who is a police officer. Found it very straight forward, mine took 10 days to get approval, probably would've taken less had I not forgotten to add our scanned passport photos!!!

no medicals or police check needed.

Hi Bassboy, I'm intrigued at the no medicals. We have just applied for the 457 and have to go for medicals....

Again,

this is very interesting as the company I will be working for has only asked for my passport and their internal application form. I am still waiting to hear back from them so maybe I will need to provide my birth certificate too.

Hi Bassboy, I'm intrigued at the no medicals. We have just applied for the 457 and have to go for medicals....

Hi roontastic

does your job involve schools, contact with children, hospital ??? From what I gather these types of jobs require medicals, also have you been abroad a lot?? Places like Africa, Asia etc??

I've lived a sheltered life!! Lol

i was surprised myself, but visa was approved in 10 days!!

Hi roontastic

does your job involve schools, contact with children, hospital ??? From what I gather these types of jobs require medicals, also have you been abroad a lot?? Places like Africa, Asia etc??

I've lived a sheltered life!! Lol

i was surprised myself, but visa was approved in 10 days!!

Hey Bassboy,

Nurses, so that'll be why, needed to have aload of vaccinations for the post aswell.

Just awaiting the medicals on 22nd April

:)

Hey Bassboy,

Nurses, so that'll be why, needed to have aload of vaccinations for the post aswell.

Just awaiting the medicals on 22nd April

Ahh that's why,

im flying out in 3 weeks for a few months to get a taste for it, see if I like it out there, before taking the big plunge and selling/renting our house and moving the family over. Exited, apprehensive, strange emotions!!!

hope it works out well for you :)

Ahh that's why,

im flying out in 3 weeks for a few months to get a taste for it, see if I like it out there, before taking the big plunge and selling/renting our house and moving the family over. Exited, apprehensive, strange emotions!!!

hope it works out well for you :)

I was over bk in 2007...I'm sooo over the wait now, just wanna get it all over with and book the flights...

btw I miss read ur post about birth certs, thought u were asking not saying

Good luck with ur hols, i'm sure u'll love it

where abouts u heading?

I was over bk in 2007...I'm sooo over the wait now, just wanna get it all over with and book the flights...

btw I miss read ur post about birth certs, thought u were asking not saying

Good luck with ur hols, i'm sure u'll love it

where abouts u heading?

Heading to Perth, far from being a holiday...... Few days to get my sh1t together and then straight to work!! Looking forward to it though, new challenge, will miss my wife and kids big time, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Boss has sorted place to stay, been very helpfull fair play.

whereabouts you heading to?

Heading to Perth, far from being a holiday...... Few days to get my sh1t together and then straight to work!! Looking forward to it though, new challenge, will miss my wife and kids big time, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Boss has sorted place to stay, been very helpfull fair play.

whereabouts you heading to?

We had the choice of anywhere in NSW. Picked Wagga Wagga, coz it ticked the majority of our boxes, it's out in the sticks and inbetween Sydney & Melbourne.

I'm sure the time will fly in b4 ur wife and kids get there. With things like Skype it does help.

Let us know how you get on

We had the choice of anywhere in NSW. Picked Wagga Wagga, coz it ticked the majority of our boxes, it's out in the sticks and inbetween Sydney & Melbourne.

I'm sure the time will fly in b4 ur wife and kids get there. With things like Skype it does help.

Let us know how you get on

Cheers roontastic, will do.

all the best :)

Hi I scanned my passport, birth certificate, qualifications, CV. The company I work for provided a Migration Agent. Didn't need police checks, medical or passport photos.

Got my 457 today! Just need to get organised now. It actually took 8 working days.

• 2 weeks later...