Shipping a pram?

SaraC

Hi.

We're leaving for Australia next Sunday :laugh::laugh: and our shipping company are coming out to pack everything up on Friday, we're not taking much with us, just Hubby's guitars, amps, pedal boards, kids toys, my wedding dress and the baby's pram.

Has anyone shipped a pram out before? If so what do we need to do? I have read about cleaning bike wheels with Jeyes fluid so I assume it will be the same for pram wheels?

Thanks x

Why wouldn't you take the pram on the plane with you?

If its shipped, how would you survive for 8-10 weeks without it?

The pram is a Stokke so doesn't fold down small at all, we have bought a cheap buggy to take on the plane and for the 8-10 weeks until the Stokke arrives but I love the Stokke too much to leave behind (and my baby is 16 months so not young enough for me to justify me buying a new Stokke in Australia!)

The pram is a Stokke so doesn't fold down small at all, we have bought a cheap buggy to take on the plane and for the 8-10 weeks until the Stokke arrives but I love the Stokke too much to leave behind (and my baby is 16 months so not young enough for me to justify me buying a new Stokke in Australia!)

Hi Sara,

My daughter came over to the UK for a visit last year with her Stokke. She already packed it in the Stokke travel bag and just handed it in at check-in both at Brisbane and also at Manchester when she went home. She had loads of spare space in the travel bag and it wasn't weighed (she filled most of the space up with toys and soft stuff etc). The airline (Emirates) put on lots of "HANDLE WITH CARE" and "FRAGILE" labels.

Might be worth you investing in a travel bag so you can take it with you on the plane but make sure your insurance covers you for a new one if the airline damages it. You'll struggle at a UK airport for the loan of a buggy while in the airport but they have them in Dubai airport and also Singapore for you to use whilst in transit.

Hope this helps,

Val

Archived