Hi im new! full time mum and OH is a freelance photographer..waiting on partner visa!

rolypolybird

Hello all!

I was born in Queensland but have been brought up in Wales for the most part of my life. My partner is British and we have a 2 year old daughter who has just been granted aussie citizenship by decent.

I have always wanted to go back to land i was born oneday and after having our daughter we decided well we best do it before she gets to school age!!

So the partner visa is in...lodged beginning of nov 2012 and we are now waiting!!!

Tbh the only time we really think about it is when other people ask us...they ask when we going? where are you flying too? what will you do? where will you work? ....my answer I dont know!!! I am starting to think i might be mad!!

We own a house here in Swansea which we are planning on letting out (not worth selling atm and we live in a student area so hoping for good rental)

But we are going with just my Oh camera gear (he is a freelance photographer and runs a relatively succesfull business http://www.benwyeth.com if you want to nose ;) and has been able to support me and our daughter...however if anyone has any info on working as a photographer in oz please share!! and also our surfboards, toys for little one and couple bags of clothes as we want to be free from posessions for a while to travel around...we'd like to buy a van on arrival so we have a roof and wheels in one!

Im am beginning to feel nervous after reading through posts on this forum..about how expensive it is, etc etc.....we have little savings but are pretty good at living very frugally...i.d be more relaxed if it were just me and my partner...but with our daughter in tow i want to give her the best life possible! Any advice people can share would be greatfully recieved! How do full time mums cope with the move to oz? making friends etc...and is it even affordable?

look forward to chatting and finding out more from others in similar situations :cute:

Hello all!

But we are going with just my Oh camera gear (he is a freelance photographer and runs a relatively succesfull business www.benwyeth.com if you want to nose ;) and has been able to support me and our daughter...however if anyone has any info on working as a photographer in oz please share!! and also our surfboards, toys for little one and couple bags of clothes as we want to be free from posessions for a while to travel around...we'd like to buy a van on arrival so we have a roof and wheels in one!

the link is actually wrong ...try this one instead :)http://www.benwyeth.co.uk/

Welcome to the forum and good luck with everything. Buying a camper is a great way to get around until you find an area you like, so im sure you will have fun.

The cost of living has risen a fair bit this last 4 or 5 years but we don't earn mega buck and manage quite well, i think the trick is to live within your means until you can secure work and know what your income will be.

Seek.com is a good site for job seeking but bear in mind lots of smaller companys advertise locally rather than on the big websites.

Cal x

Archived