Should ACCA nominate 'accountant' as occupation??

bijit011

Hi all, I just got my IELTS results and preparing for the skills assessment to be sent out. Just wondering which occupation I should nominate. Is there any ACCA member who got positive assessment by nominating 'accountant' as occupation? I am an ACCA member and also has BSc degree from oxford brookes university.

It requires 9 out of 12 core subjects to be covered including few compulsory subjects. In other words, do ACCA members manage to cover all the compulsory subjects and other required core subjects requirement for 'accountant' occupation?

appreciate your expert advice :)

Bridge

You can get your skills assessed with ICAA or CPA. We are ACCA qualified in the UK and just received a positive skills assessment from CPA for Accountant General. CPA were very helpful as they have an office in London who you can speak to and they will check all your documents are on order before forwarding them on to Melbourne for you for assessment.

Pm me if you want any more info. Happy to help.

You can get your skills assessed with ICAA or CPA. We are ACCA qualified in the UK and just received a positive skills assessment from CPA for Accountant General. CPA were very helpful as they have an office in London who you can speak to and they will check all your documents are on order before forwarding them on to Melbourne for you for assessment.

Thanks for that post, hubby about to sit IELTS then apply for skills assess with CPA (acca qualified) this post really helps us, J x

Thanks for the details. This is really helpful. I will apply as an 'accountant' then. As you are more experienced on this, do you think CPA will consider the work experience that I gained after becoming an affiliate or they will only consider experienced gained after becoming a full member? I contacted them once and both ICAA and CPA replied they will only consider work experience after becoming affiliate if I had a bachelors degree before that. I have the BSc degree from Oxford Brookes before I actually became an affiliate, do you think CPA will consider that degree as this degree is not gained by actually attending the uni? Hope I am not confusing you.

My timelines are:

Oxford brookes Bsc degree July 2009

ACCA Affiliate Aug 2009

ACCA Membership Feb 2012

Thanks in advance. Bridge

Thanks for the details. This is really helpful. I will apply as an 'accountant' then. As you are more experienced on this, do you think CPA will consider the work experience that I gained after becoming an affiliate or they will only consider experienced gained after becoming a full member? I contacted them once and both ICAA and CPA replied they will only consider work experience after becoming affiliate if I had a bachelors degree before that. I have the BSc degree from Oxford Brookes before I actually became an affiliate, do you think CPA will consider that degree as this degree is not gained by actually attending the uni? Hope I am not confusing you.

My timelines are:

Oxford brookes Bsc degree July 2009

ACCA Affiliate Aug 2009

ACCA Membership Feb 2012

Thanks in advance. Bridge

The accountant skill assessment does not consider work experience.

I believe they might be offering a service whereby they accredit your work experience, but that is not skills assessment and you do not need to get it done.

The accountant skill assessment does not consider work experience.

I believe they might be offering a service whereby they accredit your work experience, but that is not skills assessment and you do not need to get it done.

Thats Interesting. I thought assessment of work experience, although not compulsory, it gives an indication as to whether one would be able to claim points for experience or not. As, in my case, to get to the required points I must claim points for the work experiences.

Any other comments would be highly appreciated.

I looked into this extensively!!!

Both CPA and ICAA assess work experience at an additional charge but will only assess it once you meet the criteria for the skills assessment. you can apply for both to be assessed at the same time but they will only consider the work experience if you have met the criteria for the skills. Your degree may meet the requirements if you studied all of the relevant competences but you will only be credited with the work experience from the date all of the competences are met.

Also I think you need to consider how many points you would have without having your work experience assessed and if you have enough then you may decide not to bother. At the last round DIAC invited everyone on 60 points and didn't meet their quota so 60 points might be enough.

• 1 month later...
Hope it goes well and look forward to hearing his results

Hi Lou, I received my assessment result on 14th May and yes it was positively assessed. it took me few calls to CPA and to make it even quicker they sent me my result over email.

Hi Lou, I received my assessment result on 14th May and yes it was positively assessed. it took me few calls to CPA and to make it even quicker they sent me my result over email.

Excellent news. Well done. Now on with your EOI submission.

Lou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing. Skilled employment assessment charge is included in their fees of 475 AUD.

Actually the fee is less of you only have your qualification assessed. It'll be I their website. I can't remember how much we paid.

Lou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
hello everyone,

one of my friend got bachelors degree in Applied accounting from anglia ruskin university, uk (sam course as from oxford brookes uni) containing f1-19 papers from acca. Will she be able to get positive qualification result? which one is good icca,cpa or ipa?

thanks.

CPA assessed my BSc degree from Oxford Brookes University to be equivalent to Bachelors degree in AU. Not sure about Anglia Ruskin Uni. But you should check first whether this degree will also be assessed successfully against the 9 criteria mentioned in CPA website. Mine was assessed positively as I was also an ACCA member. Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

You will need to check the skills assessment requirements to determine if your degree and any further studies have included at least nine of the 12 “core knowledge areas”, including the four mandatory core knowledge areas that are relevant to your chosen ANZSCO code.

You should be able to claim 15 points for your degree but you don't get ANY points for your nominated occupation - occupations are never eligible for points. Where did you get the idea that you would get 10 points for your nominated occupation?

Thanks Ozmanic for your reply. i am a little bit confused on that matter. Please see the last row in table below i copied from the immigration website.

[TABLE=class: ms-rteTable-default, width: 608]

[TR=class: ms-rteTableEvenRow-default]

[TD=class: ms-rteTableEvenCol-default]Qualifications

[/TD]

[TD=class: ms-rteTableOddCol-default]Doctorate from an Australian educational institution or other doctorate of a recognised standard

[/TD]

[TD=class: ms-rteTableEvenCol-default]20

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: ms-rteTableOddRow-default]

[TD=class: ms-rteTableEvenCol-default]At least a bachelor degree from an Australian educational institution or other degree of a recognised standard

[/TD]

[TD=class: ms-rteTableOddCol-default]15

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: ms-rteTableEvenRow-default]

[TD=class: ms-rteTableEvenCol-default]Diploma or trade qualification completed in Australia

[/TD]

[TD=class: ms-rteTableOddCol-default]10

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: ms-rteTableOddRow-default]

[TD=class: ms-rteTableEvenCol-default]An award or qualification recognised by the assessing authority in the assessment of the skilled occupation

[/TD]

[TD=class: ms-rteTableOddCol-default]10

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I maybe wrong but please clarify. Thanks .