Moving to Sunny Coast, Buderim area! :)

paednurse

Hi all,

My family and I are currently living in Hervey Bay but I have just accepted an offer for a job in Nambour Hospital and so we are finally making the much anticipated move to the Sunshine Coast in a few weeks!

We will probably move to the Buderim/mountain creek area as I love the look of the schools there for our son and its still nice and close to the beaches! :)

we will be sad to leave the Bay as have made some great friends (a few very special ones through poms in oz) but we know its the right move for us in the long term.

however the thought of having to start all over again with schools, jobs, places to live and most importantly friends is somewhat daunting. We would love to meet up with some fellow sunny coast families who can show us the ropes! :) if you fancy a catchup with us that would be fab.

xx

Hey hun x we moved to sunny coast from uk in feb this year and are loving it! my two oldest kids go to mountain creek high and have made lots of new friends and found everyo.e friendly. I am also a nurse at nambour hospital. i have been there five weeks and am liking it. Would be good to meet up. there is me hubby and three kids girl 16 and two boys 13 and 4. X

Hey, thanks for the responses! We have just come back from viewing houses on sunny coast, been looking at Buderim, mountain creek and kawana areas. But it's been a bit of a nightmare. Every home we look at has at least 10 other applicants!! The were so many people at the open days I'm beginning to worry we will be living out of the car once we arrive! Lol.

We have our fingers crossed for a lovely house in mountain creek but its had so many applicants so not feeling too confident.

its good to here from a fellow Nambour nurse, I'm looking forward to starting now! I have a couple of good friends working there too and they have lots of positive things to say too. :)

thankyou for the advice on the sunny coast groups I'm gonna go check them out now! :)

we will def be keen for meeting up with you guys once we are down, be nice to meet some fellow sunny coast families!

xx

Can I just check with everyone that recommended Chancellor State school that the catchment area is basically Sippy Downs? We hadn't even looked into that area to be honest. Is it a nice place to live? I think it might be a bit far for me to travel to work in Nambour really, I don't want more than a 30 min commute as will be working nights etc.

emma

x

Is it primary you are after because i think the catchment for that is mainly Sippy, not sure if the catchment map is on there website. Sippy is right by the Bruce so you can shoot up to Nambour that way, i think it took me about 20 mins from Sippy. I like living on Sippy,we have always had friendly neighbours, like to walk to school, has Woolies, banks,Docs, dentists. Plus close to Bruce for Brissie as well. It is hard to pick areas because they are all nice :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest luckylady

Hi, I live in Buderim and my daughter goes to Chancellor. Feel free to contact me if you need any info, or you fancy a coffee.

We have finally landed in the sunny coast!! Been having a bit of a nightmare finding a suitable rental though. The competition is so high!! Staying with friends in Maroochydore at the mo, but have lots of houses to view next week in Sippy Downs/Buderim/Maroochydore so really hoping we find something! Our eldest is out of school at the mo until we at least know which area we will be living in which isn't ideal but we don't really have much choice.

im starting work on the29th so really hope to have a house and school organised by then, fingers crossed.

Absolutely loving life down here though so I know we have made the right decision and that all this stress and upheaval will be worth it!

Emma

p.s

We will def be up for some meet ups with you guys soon too as the next step after house and school is to gain a social life again! :))

xx

Guest luckylady

Hi Emma, rental demand is high here, you will need to get ahead of the game.

What we were advised to do when looking for our first rental, was to get a pack of all our information together before viewing.

We took photocopies of our bank statements, to show we had enough funds to pay the rent, a copy of our passport, drivers licence, visa grant letter, & our temporary Medicare card. We bundled this together and added a covering letter about who we were, stating we were non smokers, and gave a list of people they could get references from etc

We got 6 of these packs together ready to hand out to agents when we found something we liked, fortunately for us we got accepted on the very first one we applied for.

I think it was because we made it easy for the agent, and he could process our application on the same day.

If you are looking at Chancellor State college, the catchment is parts of Buderim as well, they have a map on the website so you can see the area, there is also a list of road names & numbers of houses which are included in the catchment. Very useful as we viewed 4 houses that we liked but couldn't apply for.

Best of luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all,

we managed to secure a rental in Mooloolaba in the end! :) the stress of the move/new job/new school is subsiding and we are starting to be able to enjoy living in such a fab place! :)

anyone fancy catching up with us for coffee/beach/beer (save the best option til last lol) let me know. Be good to make some buddies. :)

Emmax

Archived