2nd Hand Car Perth

Ms Petite

Where's the best place to buy a car - looking for something small (clio, yaris, etc) with a warranty. Want something that won't breakdown or give trouble - heard stories from people that bought cars off Gumtree. Willing to pay approx $3,000 - $5,000.

For that price its going to be a big gamble but I would say a private sale is better at that level.

Anything under about 8K is dodgy and like buying a car in the UK for 500 quid

I know someone who has spent about 9K on 3 bangers. They could have bought something with service history and half decent for that

We bought a Hyundai Excel for $1,500 from gumtree - that didn't give us any trouble and sold it 9 months later for the same price! :biggrin:

Second car is a Mitsubitshi Pajero from a nice old guy on gumtree, $6,500 and after 12 months driving we've had no problems with it at all (apart from the obscene amount of fuel it uses).

For our next car (because the Pajero is so expensive to run full-time) we think we are going to go for a Mitsubitshi Lancer - a new one.

Have you tried CarSales.com.au? That's where we got our car from, we live in Queensland but the website is national. We bought a little Honda Jazz from a dealer through that website, we paid just over $8k which I know is more than you want to spend but there's so many cars on there (private sellers and dealerships) I'm sure you'd find something.

Archived