Preparing for PR with 2 years experience as web developer ( currently on 457 )

Janak

Hi all,

I am on 457 since last 6 months. I have completed 2 years experience ( in Australia ) as web developer.

Now I am going to prepare myself to apply for PR.

I have gone through immi.gov.au and couldn't find much clear information there. :sad:

If anybody here know the best option for me, please advice me.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Janak V.

You cannot apply for a status called "PR". You have to apply for a visa, some visas are temporary like the one you have and some are permanent, so you need to find one of those that you qualify for and follow the application process. I would suggest you read around the "skill select" area on the immigration website as it covers all of the work related options, including employer sponsored visas.

You cannot apply for a status called "PR". You have to apply for a visa, some visas are temporary like the one you have and some are permanent, so you need to find one of those that you qualify for and follow the application process. I would suggest you read around the "skill select" area on the immigration website as it covers all of the work related options, including employer sponsored visas.

Thanks Rupert for your quick reply.

I obviously meant to ask for Permanent. And I had gone through Immigration website but couldn't find much clear information and after then I posted on to this forum.

Thank you for your time anyway.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

Whole page full of various visas. You need to read through and see which one might fit your own circumstances. They all have specific info.

Thank you Tickled Pink.

I think 186 will be the best option for me as my employer would sponsor me.

But I want to confirm if I have to have worked 2 years with the same employer or with other's also countable?

Thank you.

If you have been with your sponsoring employer for less than two years, you can go for the direct entry stream. For thi you will need the positive skills assessment.

It says in your first post you have been on a 457 for six months? were you on something different before?

If you have been with your sponsoring employer for less than two years, you can go for the direct entry stream. For thi you will need the positive skills assessment.

It says in your first post you have been on a 457 for six months? were you on something different before?

I was on Temporary Residency (which is 18 months visa after finishing Masters degree) before 457. Now I am on 457 since 6 months. And working with the current employer since 2 years.

I definitely will get positive skills assessment. So what other things I would need to do? Thanks

Archived