Byford (Perth) permanent closure rumours - are they true?

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything more definite on the rumours that Byford (Perth) may not open again!

I have heard from a creditable source that they are still to decide if they re-open Byford after the current bush fires. Apparently it is due to close soon anyway and this may just accelerate that process.

I guess that means an expensive internal flight!

Anyone have any more info on it?

And so the rumour mill starts! Official line is Perth is closed until 31st May, but it is reasonable to think that they may not re-open after this which is a pain in the bottom for everyone! and yes it will mean flying them to Sydney and then an internal flight. There is some benefit to this, as the route to Perth was not such a good one since Qantas joined with emirates and there is no long wait for a space in Perth quarantine. As long as people have had all the rabies work done they can now fly with much less notice.

Currently this is a rumour from a reliable source, but stay in touch and we can post news as it comes in!

Bob

http://www.petairuk.com

It's a great shame if the rumours are true.

I am not sure how they will cope with just two quarantine stations.

I am sure we will all be waiting with baited breath to see what happens. Something else to worry about now. I may have got away with one flight with the Hooligans, but possibly now two - oh dear!!!:err:

Very worried now :wideeyed: I am having probs getting my dog from Belfast to Heathrow, for he is to big to fly from Belfast, so going to have to try and ferry him over, and now I see that Byford may not reopen, ohhhhhh the stress and this is just trying to get the dog over :arghh: