Any money saving thoughts

Guest HeywoodMonkey

Guest HeywoodMonkey

Hy all

I started the visa process last Jan 2007 and never bargained on it being the marathon it has turned out to be. It has recently dawned on me that for a better start over there i need to adjust my finances over here so as to maximise my start up chances even more.

I visited several websites and did the usual reclaim this and reclaim that with not too much great effect, i think some of you will know the websites i am reffering to.

I was then accused at work of being the " Tightest " ( fatherless child ) he had ever known, all i was doing was trying to minimise my spending habit, but a thought occured to me, there must be a mass of ideas out there to save small amounts in whatever way for the short term whilst i wait to board the iron bird bound for Oz.

So i devised a small website forum with this in mind, and before anyone shouts at me there is No Income earned from it, it is purely for informational purposes, a bit like this forum does. If anyone has any ideas they are currently undertaking or thinking of doing, no matter weird or wacky call over and share them.

The site is very very young so don't be put off by the low membership.

Remember the site was NOT set up to earn an income of any sorts, it is funded entirely by myself and will continue to do so.

www.moneysavingextreme.com Forum - www.moneysavingextreme.com Forum

Regards

could be on to something there monkey,,,you are doing right ,every penny counts once you arrive here,and the more you have the easier life will be to settle into.Start by stopping the takeaways,lol and cut down on the beer,,good luck with everything

Cal x

Guest the chambers lot

Hi there,

Just gone onto your link, it's a great idea i think most people wherever they live could find something like that useful! esp in this day and age where everything seems to go up except your wages. (mine def don't anyway lol) Keep up the good work

Louise x

Guest HeywoodMonkey
Hi there,

Just gone onto your link, it's a great idea i think most people wherever they live could find something like that useful! esp in this day and age where everything seems to go up except your wages. (mine def don't anyway lol) Keep up the good work

Louise x

Hy Louise

Thanks for the vote of confidence, i will be adding some ideas later on today, some strange and some halfway sensible so feel free to have a peep.

Bye

Guest HeywoodMonkey

Car insurance, everyone who owns a car needs it, and those of us who are hopefully emigrating still have to pay for it while we wait for the green light to leave this pleasant land, so how can we reduce it or better still not pay for it at all so we have more moolah to start out in Oz.

Possible £73.80 Cashback for your Car Insurance

Archived