At the 'big' decision stage!!

Guest Sean & M

Guest Sean & M

8) Hi sean & emma here...

We've been thinking this idea for a while now and now its decision time as the way things are going in the uk we dont want our kids growing up in that environment. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated and a reply given. Adelaide is looking favourite as a destination but who knows!?!?

Take care all and we should see some of you soon

Keep the beers cold

Sean & Emma 8)

Guest rob and angela

hi sean and emma were in the same boat as you as this countrys finished and we want our daughter to grow up in a country thats gonna offer us more unfortunally im a trucker and as of yet arent a skilled worker doh but we want to move to perth w.a,through thinking australia as an agent but itll be sept b4 the gov makes its mind up about placeing truckers on the skill list with 457 visa anyway good luck to u both and we hope you get away from here rob and angela

Guest choobs
hi sean and emma were in the same boat as you as this countrys finished and we want our daughter to grow up in a country thats gonna offer us more unfortunally im a trucker and as of yet arent a skilled worker doh but we want to move to perth w.a,through thinking australia as an agent but itll be sept b4 the gov makes its mind up about placeing truckers on the skill list with 457 visa anyway good luck to u both and we hope you get away from here rob and angela

If I get to Australia and see gangs of kids in tracksuits and Burberry caps, I'm going to scream :-D

Choobs

Guest Sarah & Dave

Hi Sean & Emma

We came to the same conclusion about 3 years ago and decided to go for it even though we had never been there before. The first thing we did was go to an emigration show in Sandown and got a lot of helpful information there. We decided to go through an agent which I would defiantly recommend as they litterly walked us through the whole process which can be a bit confusing at times and without their help we would never have got it right, and nearly 2 years later we received our visa's in February just gone. We went on a fact finding trip in March/April 06 and loved all of it the way of life, the freedom, the people so friendly and helpful, the houses so much bigger for less money, the outdoor lifestyle which me and my husband love excellant for kids so much more freedom than here. We have decided to settle in Adelaide, we are leaving in August 07 can't wait. If you would like contact details of the agent we used then let me know or anything else, best of luck you will not regret it the best thing we have done so far.

Sarah & Dave

Guest bshootz

Hi Sean and Emma, my hubby and i have just started the process , down loaded the forms for the skills assessment ,the form fiiling in seems quite straight forward , its all the info gathering that seems to be a bit of a headache, have got a nursing agent in the background ,telling us what to do when ,dont know if they are the best people to help us tho, do you recommend a general agent? not quite sure what to do any help and advice greatly recieved.

Becky and Lee. :D

Guest MattandSarah

Choobs are you still here? I come and go from this and another site (user that I am) and you were posting before we even started our visa application. How is it going for you?

Guest choobs
Choobs are you still here? I come and go from this and another site (user that I am) and you were posting before we even started our visa application. How is it going for you?

I'm beginning to feel like the old man of the forum, yes :)

It's been fourteen and a half months since we started but we had our xrays today :) The medicals will be sent tomorrow, once we've handed the xrays in to the doctor who did the medicals. Our assurance of support and sponsorship interview with Centerlink happened yesterday. All we need now are for the police checks to arrive and everything's done. I think it's only going to be a few more weeks - thank god!

And we move out of our house on Friday - Crown Removals are coming to take everything into storage tomorrow. My dad decided to lay the mother of all guilt trips on my yesterday.

So, it's busy, frightening, exciting, irritating, frustrating and exhilirating, all at the same time :)

Choobs

Archived