NARANGBA INFO FOR YOU xxx

2Posh2Push

Narangba is about 40 mins from the sunshine coast and about 50mins into the CBD of Brisbane. From my house it takes me 10 mins to the local shopping mall at Morayfield and 15mins the other way to the North Lakes Shopping plaza, 20 mins to Strathpine Plaza and 25 mins to Chermside which I have yet to visit so will let you know on that one! Its massive though... There are 2 primary schools in the area - Jinibara state school www.jinibarrass.eq.edu.au and Narangba Valley state school Home page My daughter attends Jinibara as we live outside the catchment for Narangba Valley and it is a lovely school. She used to cling to me at school time in Uk but here she is so confident and happy and a different child! The secondary school has an excellant reputation here - Narangba Valley SHS There are alot of nurserys in the area - 2 of which are right next to the schools. www.sesamelane.com.au Tadpoles Early Learning Centres - Child Care in South East Queensland www.childcare.com.au My local shops are less than 5 mins by car - they consist of Woolworths (grocery store - not like in UK) pizza place, dvd/video rental, newsagent, bakery, fish n chip shop, bank, chemist, dentist, real estate, pool shop, tavern, gym, vets and a tavern. There is another small selection of shops in Narangba at Main Street which include doctors, dentist, library, chemist, pizza, IGA (grocery's) real estate, butchers and more, 5 mins to Burpengary and you have another selection of shops including the Burpengary Plaza, Subway, Red Rooster (like KFC) gym, and many more. When we need a beach fix we go to Bongaree on Bribie Island (20mins away) or Settlement Lagoon ,Redcliffe(20 mins away) which are both fantastic for families. Redcliffe City Council - Discover Redcliffe and have the time of your life We spent Xmas day on Bongaree with friends having a barbi and enjoying the Kayaks with all the kids. Brisbane Queensland Australia - suburbs - maps - accommodation - events - street and business directory - restaurants - ourbrisbane.com is a really good site for finding suburbs you may like and anything you need to know about schools, things to do etc. Real Estate, Property, Land and Homes for Sale, lease and rent - realestate.com.au is great for sussing out rental prices etc. Hope this gives you enough to be getting on with!!!!

Hi Emma, Fab thread. We are looking into those areas you mentioned. All sounds great. Nice to know your child is happy at school, that is one of my biggest concerns. Have a 6 year old girl and nearly three year old boy.

What are house prices like there ? OH is a Brickie, Do you think there is enough work in and around surrounding areas for him ?

We are hopefully going to be over in summer time . Had our visas granted , just doing the painful process of trying to sell a house !

Cheers Sue X

This is great info thanks - looking at this and surrounding areas so this info really helps....... that's if I ever get my bl**dy visa!:arghh:

good post. thats what people want from a forum like this, not a load of b1atcing.

So kids, this weeks homework is for everyone to write a short essay about where they live in Oz so the pple coming out here can make an informed choice about where they want to live. Please don't just write how fantastic your town is but be completely honest and objective.

Guest Angelcake

Emma

Thanks so much for that info, Narangba is on my list of places to look at. Ive been doing some internet research but its always good to hear from someone who lives there.

We will probably be out in July/Aug sometime and my children will be 4.5 and 2.5yr old twins. So Narangba sounds perfect.

Thanks alot for taking the time to post.

Angelcake

Guest Scardycat
Emma

Thanks so much for that info, Narangba is on my list of places to look at. Ive been doing some internet research but its always good to hear from someone who lives there.

We will probably be out in July/Aug sometime and my children will be 4.5 and 2.5yr old twins. So Narangba sounds perfect.

Thanks alot for taking the time to post.

Angelcake

Thought I might have a look at that area too:biglaugh:

Guest Angelcake

Hi Emma

Thanks for all those websites. Have bookmarked them all and have been having a good read.

I'll be moving to Aus in July/Aug time(hopefully). My older son will be 4.5 (5 in October) and my twins boys will be 2.5

My 4 yr old goes to pre-school (supposed to be starting school in Sept) and the twins are supposed to be starting pre-school in Sept.

Im trying to work out what they will do in Aus and Im getting really confused between nursery, kindy, prep????. I wont be working but would like them to go somewhere to mix with other children.

Can you explain what they can do at those ages please?

Also can youe recommend anywhere in North Brisbane, Im probably looking to move to North Lakes, Mango Hill, Narangba areas.

Many thanks

Angelcake

• 4 weeks later...

HI there

I know this thread is a bit old, but hopefully 2Posh or someone is still watching. We are moving from NZ to either North Brisbane or Hervey Bay at the end of the year. We're coming over for a really quick look in June, and have looked at Narangba/Burpengary as possibles in Brissy. We wouldn't mind being nearer the coast, though, and wondered about Deception Bay.

From info I've gleaned it used to be a backwater, but as the city spreads it's becoming a more considered suburb. However, I know that when you live there you often hear things that aren't apparent on a quick trip. So can anyone tell me what it's like as a place to live and what the beach is like? If locals go to Bribie Island and bypass Deception Bay that doesn't sound good. :unsure:

Hi, We moved to the Redcliffe peninsula in January this year, this is a lovely area. I haven't been to Deception Bay, but when talking to locals about buying houses etc, they all say to stay away from Deception Bay and that it is not a good area. It seems to have a really bad reputation. Redcliffe is on the coast and a nice area with good beaches, hope this helps.

Thanks Bruce. I did wonder about that. We liked the look of Redcliffe a few years ago when we considered the move. Wish we'd done it then, as this area is climbing out of our price range now, but there are areas around Redcliffe that are still in the budget. Anywhere else around Redcliffe/Scarborough then that you'd avoid?

Thanks. Had a look on realestate.com and found some good looking places. Also discovered that Kallangur and Petrie area may not be too bad. Still quite close to the beach. Guess we'll check it out on our brief romp through Oz. One thing I have noticed though is that sometimes an area that isn't that great can change significantly when suburban sprawl catches up, so maybe Deception Bay is going to revamp. I've noticed that up the road Beechmere is already building expensive housing estates. They have a big mossie problem though.

Anyone wanting a small town lifestyle with lovely weather, beaches, wild life might look at Hervey Bay (about 3 1/2 hours north of Brisbane CBD) - tropical climate, no stingers in the water and a growing town. The only problem is that jobs are fewer, although there seems plenty in the tourism/hospitality industry or building/planning. Anyone interested go to realestate.com.au and search for Hervey Bay. Click on any house and at the bottom will appear a little video and information. I notice they're doing the same with the islands - Stradbroke/mcLeay etc. but that looks a bit of a jaunt getting a ferry and car to work and travelling for an hour.

Guest ninjanicky

Hi, Also looking at these area's. Mostly been looking at Redcliffe. Thought Clontarf seemed a little cheaper to rent and buy than the rest of Redcliffe, so started looking at schools ect...., Even made a friend through Facebook in Clontarf who has been a saint in giving info. Hubby will be working in Geebung so didn't look to far to travel to work and I like the idea of being near the coast and not far to the sunshine coast. Anyone looking at Clontarf?

Haven't found many 4 brm houses in Clontarf in our price range, but there are a few 3 brm with room downstairs to add a room. Seems a nice area. Good luck with it. Helps to talk to someone who lives there.

We looked at a house at Woody Point which is a bit round the corner towards Scott's point. Also looking at Murrumba Downs and ar Kippa ring which seems a mixed area with some ritzy houses within a marina and some not so great. Bruce do you know what all that industry is to the west of Kippa ring? I can see it on Google Earth, but there's no name and although the nearest housing estate looks well screened with trees etc. I wonder what it's like to live there.

• 4 months later...
Guest stopps family

I know this thread has been lying there for a while now , but my family are on there way in the end of september , and after spending time in April looking around north brisbane we decided on Narangba. We have two girls aged 7 and 10 years old and my husband is an electrician .

We both liked the friendlyness extended to us locally and whilst its not coastal , its near enough for us. Thanks for all the info already given , and any more that can be given to us before we finally touch down would be greatfully taken.

Regards

The Stopps Family

Guest Angelcake
I know this thread has been lying there for a while now , but my family are on there way in the end of september , and after spending time in April looking around north brisbane we decided on Narangba. We have two girls aged 7 and 10 years old and my husband is an electrician .

We both liked the friendlyness extended to us locally and whilst its not coastal , its near enough for us. Thanks for all the info already given , and any more that can be given to us before we finally touch down would be greatfully taken.

Regards

The Stopps Family

Hi Stopps family,

We are heading out in early Nov and Im really draw towards Narangba too. Can I asked why it ticked the boxes for you and what you were looking for?

My son will be 5yrs old and my twins 2.5 yrs old. Im looking for a family friendly place with houses on slightly larger plots. I live in a small town and am looking for something similar but not too remote. Do you think Narangba is like this?

Good luck with the move and please keep us posted - would love to hear how you get on.

Thanks

Angelcake

Guest stopps family

We were looking for the same Angelcake with being not too far away from the city being another factor for work. When you drive around Narangba it is quite big although its got that small town feel that an english one has.We did look at many areas and it just felt right for us .:yes:

Where abouts in buckinghamshire are you from as we are on the South northants / bucks borders in a town called Brackley.

Regards

Lee Stopps

• 1 year later...
Guest domba
HI there

I know this thread is a bit old, but hopefully 2Posh or someone is still watching. We are moving from NZ to either North Brisbane or Hervey Bay at the end of the year. We're coming over for a really quick look in June, and have looked at Narangba/Burpengary as possibles in Brissy. We wouldn't mind being nearer the coast, though, and wondered about Deception Bay.

From info I've gleaned it used to be a backwater, but as the city spreads it's becoming a more considered suburb. However, I know that when you live there you often hear things that aren't apparent on a quick trip. So can anyone tell me what it's like as a place to live and what the beach is like? If locals go to Bribie Island and bypass Deception Bay that doesn't sound good. :unsure:

Hi there

I live in Narangba and would recommend Redcliffe, Bribie Island or the Sunshine Coast if you like the sea. Deception Bay is tidal and there are are few social problems there. Hope that helps :)

Archived