Weather for children in Perth V Melbourne

SeadogSal

I know this is a bit of a weird question, but my husband has the opportunity of two jobs, one in Perth and one in Melbourne. We know far more about Perth than Melbourne as we were there last March/April 2012. I do really like Perth but my biggest concern is the weather as whilst we were there in March and April it was extremely hot and that was their Autumn. We have four children and they are used to the British weather (yes rain, cloud and cold) and I am slightly concerned they will be overwhelmed by the heat in Perth. Does anyone know how the weather in Melbourne compares to Perth. And which city do you think is more family friendly for families - we have children aged 6,7,10 and 12?

All advice greatly appreciated.:biglaugh:

I am currently living in Perth and it has been the hottest summer on record according to announcements today. Definitely a bit of a shock to the system but as long as you are not stupid, sunbathing etc making sure that you have a had and plenty of fluids then it's OK. I've got a mate from the UK who has moved to Melbourne specifically because the weather is more 'European'. You do get some hot days that will be uncomfortable but it tends to be a little colder with quite a bit more rain and cloud cover than WA. The links above though give a good overview

Archived