Medicare Card and Electronic Working Holiday Visa

ianworley

Evening all, I went to the Medicare centre in Perth to try and get my Medicare card and was told I was unable to as I didn't have a copy of my Working Holiday Visa. Everything to do with my WHV has been done electronically, has anybody else had this problem and how did you get around it? I have insurance and I know as a British passport holder I can get emergency treatment if needed, but I also need the card for ID purposes too.

Guest GeorgeD
I don't have a print out of the email unfortunately and yeah I got the same response from Medicare. Do I need to approach the immigration department for a print out of my Visa? Is there an easier way to get hold of it whilst here in Oz do you know?

DIAC will probably point you towards the VEVO website...you can log in to it and print off your visa status there. It's up to date and changes as your visa status changes, so it's usually the best place to go. Your grant email would also do...can't you print that out?

Edited by GeorgeD