Query about NSW Sponsorship

tanay

Hi PIO,

I have applied for NSW Sponsorship for "Analyst Programmer" occupation on 11th Feb (date on which document has been receive, status on currier service online tracking service). I have yet not received any mail from them.

I am confused about what would be the next and What would be the procession time.

I would be thankful If anybody would share his/her experience on processing who has applied under same occupation and have successfully received visa

Many Thanks,

Tanay.

Just out of curiosity, are you from the Philippines? I know a town named Tanay.

Anyway, NSW is processing applications received last November 2012. So it takes about 3-4 months processing. At this point, you should be waiting for some sort of acknowledgment receipt from NSW, then I think they will assign a case officer (CO) for you, the CO will then contact you if they need any more documents from you.

If you receive an approval from NSW, then you can lodge your EOI for subclass 190 on SkillSelect.

Just out of curiosity, are you from the Philippines? I know a town named Tanay.

Anyway, NSW is processing applications received last November 2012. So it takes about 3-4 months processing. At this point, you should be waiting for some sort of acknowledgment receipt from NSW, then I think they will assign a case officer (CO) for you, the CO will then contact you if they need any more documents from you.

If you receive an approval from NSW, then you can lodge your EOI for subclass 190 on SkillSelect.

Hey there, Can u pls let me know the stages involved in getting a 190 visa ? Is the case officer assigned after the approval of state sponsorship or during the state sponsorship ? its been 14 weeks for me since ive filled my application to the Victorian govt. Result expected anytime soon .. Just want to know when will be the CO allocated to me ?

Thanks in anticipation

Hey there, Can u pls let me know the stages involved in getting a 190 visa ? Is the case officer assigned after the approval of state sponsorship or during the state sponsorship ? its been 14 weeks for me since ive filled my application to the Victorian govt. Result expected anytime soon .. Just want to know when will be the CO allocated to me ?

Thanks in anticipation

Actually, State Sponsorship is just the start. That's not even the start of "actual" 190 application. But definitely that's one of the important stages. If you are anticipating your VIC SS anytime soon, you can probably lodge your EOI in SkillSelect now. Then once you get your SS nomination, you can notify VIC about your EOI number. You will get the invitation from DIAC almost instantly.

So technically, here are the stages:

1. VIC SS nomination

2. Skillselect EOI lodgement for subclass 190

(1 and 2 can be interchanged)

3. receive invitation from DIAC and apply for actual PR visa

4. a CO will be assigned, documents need to be submitted/uploaded

5. you maybe asked to do police checks and medicals

6. if everything is complete, you should receive the PR within 6 months.

just want to say that all i'm writing is based on other's experiences and from what i've gathered through reading DIAC's website. I have not applied to any PR visa. Hopefully in June, I will.

Sounds spot on to me Nomad. I'm presently going through the process and currently at your stage 3.

Jonny

Actually, State Sponsorship is just the start. That's not even the start of "actual" 190 application. But definitely that's one of the important stages. If you are anticipating your VIC SS anytime soon, you can probably lodge your EOI in SkillSelect now. Then once you get your SS nomination, you can notify VIC about your EOI number. You will get the invitation from DIAC almost instantly.

1. VIC SS nomination

3. receive invitation from DIAC and apply for actual PR visa

4. a CO will be assigned, documents need to be submitted/uploaded

5. you maybe asked to do police checks and medicals

6. if everything is complete, you should receive the PR within 6 months.

Thanks for the reply !! they REJECTED my application ! Looking forward to ACT now ! I don't know what to write next !

I'm Blank !

Regards

Ishaan

Thanks for the reply !! they REJECTED my application ! Looking forward to ACT now ! I don't know what to write next !

I'm Blank !

Regards

Ishaan

sorry to hear that. yeah, try the other states. don't give up.

is your occupation eligible for subclass 189? If so, you can try that if you have 60 points.

sorry to hear that. yeah, try the other states. don't give up.

is your occupation eligible for subclass 189? If so, you can try that if you have 60 points.

No my occupation is not available in 189 category, I think i will try for ACT. It's the only state where i have my profession, but in LIMITED category .. Fingers crossed !

Thanks for the support :)

Guest guest76088

When you say the state sponsorship nomination and lodgement of EOI is interchangeable, is it really the case that you can lodge an EOI without confirmation of state sponsorship (assuming that you require it to reach the points threshold) ?

BigD

1. VIC SS nomination

No my occupation is not available in 189 category, I think i will try for ACT. It's the only state where i have my profession, but in LIMITED category .. Fingers crossed !

Thanks for the support :)

Wishing you good luck with your ACT application buddy. Did VIC explain the reasons for rejection of your application? Maybe there was an error in the application which could be corrected and then you could resubmit your application to VIC?

Jonny

Wishing you good luck with your ACT application buddy. Did VIC explain the reasons for rejection of your application? Maybe there was an error in the application which could be corrected and then you could resubmit your application to VIC?

Jonny

There were no solid reasons for Rejection, they only mentioned that they are receiving High Caliber applications from across the globe and i was only meeting their minimum criteria of 3 yrs and 4 months and 7.5/7/7/7 .. I dont know what could be the error ! Im just looking forward to ACT now, its my only and last hope !

Regards

Ishaan

There were no solid reasons for Rejection, they only mentioned that they are receiving High Caliber applications from across the globe and i was only meeting their minimum criteria of 3 yrs and 4 months and 7.5/7/7/7 .. I dont know what could be the error ! Im just looking forward to ACT now, its my only and last hope !

Regards

Ishaan

ah crap. sorry to hear that Ishaan

You're alright mate !! No worries !

Just want to know what are the chances of getting a sponsorship from ACT when my profession is in LIMITED Category ?

50-50 ?

yep I'd say a good 50/50/

did you find out the average processing times of ACT. Do they send an ack email first and then the approval (like NSW does)?

Thanks again :)

When you say the state sponsorship nomination and lodgement of EOI is interchangeable, is it really the case that you can lodge an EOI without confirmation of state sponsorship (assuming that you require it to reach the points threshold) ?

BigD

Yes you can lodge your EOI without state sponsorship. What will happen is, if you are approved by the state, the state will access your SkillSelect and update your file with their approval. Hence, the added 5 points. At least that's the case for NSW so I assume its pretty standard for every state.

did you find out the average processing times of ACT. Do they send an ack email first and then the approval (like NSW does)?

Thanks again :)

They process the entire application within 30 days ! But before filing the application for sponsorship, they want us to send them an email with skill assessment and IELTS score and a bit of market research. Only if they think our application is good, then they will ask us to File a proper application with $300 as their fee. Still that doesnt guarantee you a positive result !

so the waiting begins, once again ! My only worry is that my occupation in ACT list in now under LIMITED quota !

Yes you can lodge your EOI without state sponsorship. What will happen is, if you are approved by the state, the state will access your SkillSelect and update your file with their approval. Hence, the added 5 points. At least that's the case for NSW so I assume its pretty standard for every state.

I think you're correct ! They are interchangeable in almost every state, Im sure about VIC,NSW and ACT !

Archived