Nursing in Oz...

LukeM

Well we're still thinking about it, holidaying first... here's the deal:

- My dad would like to be in the Brisbane area as we have some relatives there, and my mum as a registered nurse is looking at all these ads that appear in Nursing Times etc for jobs in Oz...

However. Most are for hospital and mental health work.

We know there must be community nursing jobs... anyone have details of agencies that list Community Nursing jobs in the Brisbane area that you could post here so I can pass them on to her just as a matter of interest?

Many thanks,

Luke

Well we're still thinking about it, holidaying first... here's the deal:

- My dad would like to be in the Brisbane area as we have some relatives there, and my mum as a registered nurse is looking at all these ads that appear in Nursing Times etc for jobs in Oz...

However. Most are for hospital and mental health work.

We know there must be community nursing jobs... anyone have details of agencies that list Community Nursing jobs in the Brisbane area that you could post here so I can pass them on to her just as a matter of interest?

Many thanks,

Luke

Luke have you tried to contact queensland health to see what community posts they have there is also several agencies try Health staff recruiting or geneva health easy to find on web page sorry dont have addresses at hand as on my break at work :spinny: and just needed my daily fix of PIO:jiggy:

Guest JoanneHattersley

I came out after seeing an advert in the nursing times for a nursing agency! They got me a job in an elderly care home! 4 months after being here the home "bought me out" and gave me a full time job!!!!!!

Guest fairyprincess
I came out after seeing an advert in the nursing times for a nursing agency! They got me a job in an elderly care home! 4 months after being here the home "bought me out" and gave me a full time job!!!!!!

hi, i assume you are a qualified nurse. I am looking into becoming a nurse after years of being a support worker, but as yet not on any course, i am coming up 38yrs and worried that i will not get qualified in time, any advice, thanks xxr

Guest JoanneHattersley
hi, i assume you are a qualified nurse. I am looking into becoming a nurse after years of being a support worker, but as yet not on any course, i am coming up 38yrs and worried that i will not get qualified in time, any advice, thanks xxr

Hello

I would say either get on a UK course now or see if an Oz hospital will sponsor u to become an RN. Not sure if they will do that???

Guest fairyprincess
Hello

I would say either get on a UK course now or see if an Oz hospital will sponsor u to become an RN. Not sure if they will do that???

thanks, i am looking into a course here but have to get an access course first as my qualifications do not cover it. so i will have to spend a year doing that(from sept) before i can apply to the nursing course. just worried that i will be nearer 44yrs by the time i qualify lol, not sure if i could get application in on time before the 45yr cut off point xx

Guest JoanneHattersley
thanks, i am looking into a course here but have to get an access course first as my qualifications do not cover it. so i will have to spend a year doing that(from sept) before i can apply to the nursing course. just worried that i will be nearer 44yrs by the time i qualify lol, not sure if i could get application in on time before the 45yr cut off point xx

ID check with Immigration - Id hate to give you any wrong information. Why not go and get a free consultation from a migration agent and see what they say?

Guest fairyprincess
ID check with Immigration - Id hate to give you any wrong information. Why not go and get a free consultation from a migration agent and see what they say?

hi, i have been in touch with someone from go matilda but just waiting on call back, doesn't look good for either of us on skilled visa but they did suggest a student visa but its all so complicated. going to go to the jobs expo in london in april just to give us experience you never know there maybe someone there who can help. hubby in raf for the last 20yrs but no paper qualification, which is a pain really xx

Once qualified you can go up to 55 on visa 457 with sponsership up to 4 years then I think you may be able to apply for permanent residency.

The access course if good because it gets you into the style of learning and studying that is expected of you for the course.

Nursing is resonable pay considering although could always be better and very rewarding.

Guest fairyprincess
Once qualified you can go up to 55 on visa 457 with sponsership up to 4 years then I think you may be able to apply for permanent residency.

The access course if good because it gets you into the style of learning and studying that is expected of you for the course.

Nursing is resonable pay considering although could always be better and very rewarding.

thanks i did'nt know that. That makes me feel better as i thought the cut off was 45yrs. I have to wait now(sigh) to start course in september then hopefully i will get on to a nursing course fingers crossed!!!!! thanks so much for your reply xx

Guest peachy_mariee

how much is the annual salary for nurses working in private hospital in melbourne. i have 7 years of experience. is it better to work in a private hospital than government hosp?

Fairy princess,

im half way thru my access course now and start uni in sept:jiggy: cant wait!!!! access course has been excellent well worth it and really gets you back into the learning mode! it also gives you a slight head start when going to uni, it feels like ages but will be well worth it in the end, and as for age dont even think about it theres a woman in my class whos 49 just now wont qualify till shes 52!! as fo rgetting to oz ive been informed not to worry they are so desperate for nurses you, ll get in, the WA health dep are going to be at the expo your going to so speak with them see what they say? if you cant go on an indeoendent then you,ll get sponsorship, hope this helps xx

Fairy princess,

im half way thru my access course now and start uni in sept:jiggy: cant wait!!!! access course has been excellent well worth it and really gets you back into the learning mode! it also gives you a slight head start when going to uni, it feels like ages but will be well worth it in the end, and as for age dont even think about it theres a woman in my class whos 49 just now wont qualify till shes 52!! as fo rgetting to oz ive been informed not to worry they are so desperate for nurses you, ll get in, the WA health dep are going to be at the expo your going to so speak with them see what they say? if you cant go on an indeoendent then you,ll get sponsorship, hope this helps xx

Hi, I've been qualified for 5 years now and was 32 when started...oldest lady in class was 52 when we all qualified, and loads of girls in late 40's. Been registered for 5 years now and never looked back. The course fliies by and before you know it you've got your blue frock on!!!!

Archived