dodgydarji

Hi All,

This is my first post and have spent a fait bit of time trying to find someone in a similar situation but had no success. I guess everyone is in a unique situation.

I (pom) want to go over on the 309 Visa with my Aussie girlfriend who I have been with for two years now. However we didn't move in together until 6 months ago. She bought a place and I moved in 10/2012. I am just a little confused to whether or not this disqualifies me from being able to get the 309 partner visa?

I up until that point of moving in with her had been technically living with my parents, however spent nearly all my time at my partners rented accommodation. The evidence I can provide is

we have been away together on holidays through the two year

stat decs from 5 people in Australia (her mum, dad, sister and two friends)

A joint bank account with savings going in from both of us for the last 13months

Photos, letters and emails of us being together

Last 6 months of bills being delivered to the same address. We both pay different house bills so no joint names. (i took car insurance, internet, tv) She took (gas, electric)

I have proof in my own bank statements I sent money towards mortgage for the last 6 or 7 months

So I have all form and proofs printed and ready to go, however just wanted to make this last minute plea in case anyoen had been rejected? I am under 26 so I could apply for the WHV and then apply for the defacto when I am in Australia. My only concern for this is a) employment restrictions or disadvantages with WHV visa. b) We are planning to move permanently so I would effective be lying by saying I am just taking the WHV visa then going defacto (has anybody else done this?) ..

Any help and replies would be greatly appreciated

Thanks you so much,

Jay

When do you want to apply?

When you were staying at your girlfriends place, her rented place, did you have any joint mail there, or mail addressed to you there?

applying for the spouse visa in Australia takes a lot longer than here in the UK I believe.

Unfortunately I had no mail sent to her rented accommodation. I am applying offshore in the UK and am prepared to wait the 9 months it takes to get the Visa. So I am planning to apply by the end of this month and aim to be over there in 9 months time. My other half will be flying over there by September. Would I be better of applying when I am Australia? As we will be living together in rented accommodation and have more proof I guess. I have read in some cases those who have not lived together for the 12 months, but I guess those were more forced circumstances which is why I am a little confused what the best thing to do would be.

Thanks you for your help.