Beaches

Flathead

• 3 weeks later...
We live very close to the Beach ( Bournemouth/ Southbourne) to be honest we hardly ever go, kids get so bored there, They would rather go down the river fishing or weymouth to the rock pool. The only time now we go to the Beach is to watch the air show!

Just recently went to Bournemouth for the first time,and we absolutely loved it!Wow amazing beach!We walked for ages along the tarmac path next to the cliffs.SO mayn pretty beach huts,some you can hire for a day or week would be really nice!When I lived in Oz,I actually preferred going to the beach in winter for a bracing walk.Summer?Too bloody hot!And even with high factor sun block on,too worrying for skin cancer!I've actually been to a beach in South India which is paradise!(No not Goa,way too touristy!)and alot better than any beach I've been to in SA!Lots of culture too in Sth India!lol

Its what ever floats your boat i suppose. If I had a choice of lugging fold up tables and chairs, sun tents, full UV suits, eskies.... ect ect... to the beach or just turning up and chilling out I know what one i'd choose.

This

Marbella%20troceda.jpg

or this

abtentae.jpg

Pity most beaches are full of crap and full f people with wind that blows sand onto your newly sun creamed body, then their is the flies.

One of the things I really miss is the beach. I'm living in Brisbane and can't be arsed to go (long boring drive) , although some parts (Manly boardwalk) I enjoy. Growing up in Brighton, UK, had a view of the sea from my bedroom window, down the beach in all weathers for a bracing walk - even swam in the sewage as a youngster - aah happy days. Give me pebbles and a good seafront pub any day. And a cheesy pier!!

Brighton in my eyes on a hot summers day... No place better in the world. A wonderful place . One day soon we hope to move just outside in a country village only a few stops on the train from the center. Don't care if the hot summers days are few and far between nowadays, just makes it more special.

Archived