Decent areas with a house on a good size plot

zoe1922

Hi all I'm sure this has probably been asked before but we are looking for a house that is on a decent size plot I.e. has got a garden and enough driveway for four cars. Does anyone know of any good areas that we might find such a thing in? We visited Oz last year to validate our visas but were obviously looking in the wrong places cause we didn't find any areas with good size old houses in all we could find are new houses. Don't get me wrong the new houses are nice but they are all on top of each other. I will be working in Perth city so need to be within commuting distance. thanks for any ideas u can give me

Zoe

Depends on your budget - but Inglewood is good, or Dianella. South of the river you could try Melville. Depends on your budget really. Give us a ballpark and it will narrow it down. Inglewood you can bus or train to the city centre. (I have walked it) Dianella - some parts have a good bus service.

Hi all I'm sure this has probably been asked before but we are looking for a house that is on a decent size plot I.e. has got a garden and enough driveway for four cars. Does anyone know of any good areas that we might find such a thing in? We visited Oz last year to validate our visas but were obviously looking in the wrong places cause we didn't find any areas with good size old houses in all we could find are new houses. Don't get me wrong the new houses are nice but they are all on top of each other. I will be working in Perth city so need to be within commuting distance. thanks for any ideas u can give me

Zoe

We live in Leeming, we get 4 cars on our drive when we have visitors lol. We have a reasonable size house with great garden and two outdoor patio areas. An older suburb, good community feel.

Bus route into Freo and train from Murdoch takes 10 mins into the city

Zoe

Budget is everything but on the whole you will need to look at the older areas, as these tend to be closer to the city the prices go up so you will probably need to go inland unless you are in the million plus category for housing. The suburbs mentioned so far fit the bill, possibly Kingsley if you want to be NOR or Yangebup south. In reality there are very many that would have older houses on quarter acre blocks as that used to be the norm. There are still plenty of those where I live in Hamilton Hill.

Alternatively you could look to semi-rural areas such as Perth Hills, Swan Valley, Serpentine where you can still get large blocks to build on.

Jules

Archived