Reasonably priced furnished accommodation for 3 months in Redland Shire Queensland

Bridgeman

We have decided we need to see a bit more of Australia other than WA and are planning a trip to Queensland to spend around 3 months there in February next year with a view to checking out the area as somewhere to settle. I have a brother in Ormiston, Redlands Shire and although he would put us up for a while we don't want to impose for that length of time. We are looking for some reasonably priced accommodation around that area for about 3 months. We are in our sixties, so don't really want backpacker accommodation. I have tried searching, but everything which comes up is mainly expensive holiday accommodation and as we are on pensions, find it far too expensive. We thought about possibly renting a caravan, but can't seem to find any sites around this area. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Yes, it is, not far away. I remember going to the shopping centre there when we visited my brother from the UK.

Have you looked at caravan parks in Capalaba and around there? A friend of my OH's family stayed in a van in Capalaba when he arrived from the UK a few months ago. I think it was fairly basic but he was watching his budget and said it had everything he needed.

Anywhere should give you a good reduction for staying longer, so make sure you ask.

Brisbane Holiday Village is popular with migrants, alot of people stay here when they arrive until they find a rental. Sites like Stayz.com and Realestate holiday rentals should give you some private furnished houses near where you want to be ,so its worth checking those out too.

Hope you have a good time, QLD is brilliant,lol, but im biased..

Cal x

Archived