489 Visa Progress - Is this quick?

Taylors4

Hi all, just wanted to say, we paid for our 489 visa on 25 Jan 13, uploaded most of our documents yesterday (yes it took me 8 hours non-stop and we've still got stuff to upload)!! So this morning, got the letter saying we had a CO and to organise medicals and police checks.

I'm just surprised as this all seems very quick - we are on team 33.

Also, I thought I could just keep uploading onto the website, but they now say to email them directly, which is fine, but they are asking for things, I've already supplied/uploaded, so I guess I'll just sent it to them as requested anyway .......

Hi all, just wanted to say, we paid for our 489 visa on 25 Jan 13, uploaded most of our documents yesterday (yes it took me 8 hours non-stop and we've still got stuff to upload)!! So this morning, got the letter saying we had a CO and to organise medicals and police checks.

Also, I thought I could just keep uploading onto the website, but they now say to email them directly, which is fine, but they are asking for things, I've already supplied/uploaded, so I guess I'll just sent it to them as requested anyway .......

Hi Taylors 4

We are exactly the same as you guys OH is a bricklayer and we are going on 489. I think we have two advantages here 1. living in regional area of which diac would obviously hope we would settle and 2.Bricklayers are in very high demand at present we are getting emails from agencies daily with tons of job offers starting immediately so Happy days all round:biggrin:

Hi Taylors 4

We are exactly the same as you guys OH is a bricklayer and we are going on 489. I think we have two advantages here 1. living in regional area of which diac would obviously hope we would settle and 2.Bricklayers are in very high demand at present we are getting emails from agencies daily with tons of job offers starting immediately so Happy days all round:biggrin:

Blimey this is very good news!! We haven't even looked into agencies yet, as most people are saying that they won't look at you until you are there. Could you let me know what agencies you have approached? Where about are you heading, we are thinking Mandurah or Bunbury, undecided yet, was going to make the decision when we got there, totally down to where we could secure work.

This is so encouraging - thanks so much for your reply, excited much!

Our CO asked for docs that we had already uploaded. I think that is normal.

Once you get the invite, it seems to happen all of a sudden and things move very quickly. It took us totally by surprise. That's the beauty of the new system. They find you and at least you know then that they are interested and looking at you favourably and finger's crossed you have ticked all of their boxes by doing the IELTS, skills asessment etc.

Great news about the job opportunities for you Guys.

Good Luck.

Our CO asked for docs that we had already uploaded. I think that is normal.

Once you get the invite, it seems to happen all of a sudden and things move very quickly. It took us totally by surprise. That's the beauty of the new system. They find you and at least you know then that they are interested and looking at you favourably and finger's crossed you have ticked all of their boxes by doing the IELTS, skills asessment etc.

Great news about the job opportunities for you Guys.

Good Luck.

Thanks, that's good to know. Can't still quite believe after all this time, something is now happening. Just hope we have done enough!

Just noticed your meds were referred - hope you get your grant soon. Where about in Perth are you heading?

Thanks, that's good to know. Can't still quite believe after all this time, something is now happening. Just hope we have done enough!

Just noticed your meds were referred - hope you get your grant soon. Where about in Perth are you heading?

Thank You. There is a backlog of 8-10 weeks so we wait. CO has said she will keep an eye out and will let us know asap. She has said that she has finished our assessment and it is just the meds keeping us waiting, which is kind of good to know on one hand.

Where in Perth. It changes weekly tbh:biggrin: I keep doing my research and have a short list of suburbs. We are looking SOR, but we both know that we will have a better idea once we get over there. We are planning on securing a short term rental and having a good look round. Everywhere looks good on the tinternet, but we will know when we have a feel for a particular suburb. We want to be within travelling distance of the CBD and are lucky in that there is just the two of us, so we are not governed by good catchment areas for schools and activities for kids. We live 2kms from the coast now, so again is not a major factor for us either as we have done that and the novelty would not be quite the same again.

How about you?

Well I would just take the break and not question it being so quick. :biggrin:

Your uploading shoul dnot be taking you eight hours with more to do, suggests to me you are loading far more stuff than you need to. I don't think I loaded more than 20 documents for my application.

Thank You. There is a backlog of 8-10 weeks so we wait. CO has said she will keep an eye out and will let us know asap. She has said that she has finished our assessment and it is just the meds keeping us waiting, which is kind of good to know on one hand.

Where in Perth. It changes weekly tbh:biggrin: I keep doing my research and have a short list of suburbs. We are looking SOR, but we both know that we will have a better idea once we get over there. We are planning on securing a short term rental and having a good look round. Everywhere looks good on the tinternet, but we will know when we have a feel for a particular suburb. We want to be within travelling distance of the CBD and are lucky in that there is just the two of us, so we are not governed by good catchment areas for schools and activities for kids. We live 2kms from the coast now, so again is not a major factor for us either as we have done that and the novelty would not be quite the same again.

How about you?

Well, we have 2 kids 13 and 10, so we are governed by school catchment etc. Initially we are staying with my aunt, until we secure a rental in an area we will settle, so we do have a bit of breathing space and we can have a good look around. Luckily she has a 4 bed property and there's only 2 of them so she's happy to have us which a godsend as it takes away a lot of pressure. She lives in Waikiki and I have to say I do like it around that area, but we will have to go regional - don't mind though we are from a rural area anyway. There's nothing like getting there though and having a good look around for yourself.

Don't know if you've been but the train links are great and it isn't expensive either, so if you can base yourselves close to a train station it will help with getting around, the freeway can be a nightmare, my cousins says she regularly gets stuck on there and it can take her 2 hours to get home.

When we were there last, we staying in Baldivis and Mandurah and I loved them both! Didn't go NOR, as didn't have time and tbh we weren't looking to emigrate when we went. I did a working hol in '89 and loved it, met my OH when I was 24, and I always wanted to get back to Aus, he said no. But after going himself, the penny dropped haha! So now we are hopefully on our way!

We do want to be by the coast, always wanted to live by the beach, kids are desperate too, my 13 year old wants to learn to surf and she said she wants a pool with a trampoline so she can bounce in lol - not sure about that though!

Good luck and hope you get good news soon!

Well I would just take the break and not question it being so quick. :biggrin:

Your uploading shoul dnot be taking you eight hours with more to do, suggests to me you are loading far more stuff than you need to. I don't think I loaded more than 20 documents for my application.

Think my scanner is really slow, or maybe its me that's slow lol. Yep we did have a lot to upload though, as OH really needs to prove his last 10 years employment, and in those 10 years he has been employed, a sub-contractor, self employed and has a Ltd company, all down to economic forces - he isn't a fly by nighter, its what he's had to do to stay in employment - so you can imagine the paperwork all this generates as we have had to gather evidence from each and all those P60's and accounts to upload, references, client recommendations, supplier references, it actually took me months to gather all this info, going back to old employer was a nightmare, they didn't want him to leave the company, and still wouldn't speak to him - he gave him an excellent reference (pages long), but made him collect it from the doorstep of his country mansion, still sore at him after all these years haha!

So yes it was a lot, but hope its enough.