Short term rentals South Brisbane/Gold coast - help

TurnersInOz

Hi

Were a family of 5 looking for a short term rental, July in the South of Brisbane or gold coast, were hoping to settle Pacific pines area, so ideally would like it to be near to there.

Does anyone know of any short term letting companies, private owners, serviced apartments/accommodation or any good short term rental web sites.

Also I'm looking for suggestions on what is a reasonable amount of time to rent temporary accommodation for our arrival in Aus?

If your looking Gold Coast way just google holiday lets and you should be spoilt for choice. As an alternative ,a few familys have used Ashmore Palms Cabin park as a base for their first 4 weeks, you get a decent discount for staying 4 weeks or more so gives plenty of time for looking around at areas and rental houses and the staff are very helpful to newly arrived migrants.

Cal x

thanks cal. i've already check them out as you mentioned it in a previous post. I thought it was a little pricey...looked nice though. we stayed in Brisbane holiday village on a previous holiday...looks similar. will email them for a quote though. we don't want to be right on the gold coast hoping to be more near upper coomera or pacific pines so we can check out rentals easily. :)

• 3 months later...

We ended up getting a short term let off trip advisor, very nice and reasonably priced 4 bed with pool in Narangba, there was a fair few listings for Brisbane and surrounding areas on there, looking under holiday lets. Would recommend people take a look if trying to find reasonable short term accommodation in Oz. We also used this for our stop over accommodation.

I looked on airbnb and saw a room available in a family house at a very good price and the reviews of the family were absolutely fantastic. Definitely looked like something we would be using when we arrive. I think it was around £1100 per month. It had 2 rooms in total and access to the family areas, kitchen, bathroom and pool etc.

thanks cal. i've already check them out as you mentioned it in a previous post. I thought it was a little pricey...looked nice though. we stayed in Brisbane holiday village on a previous holiday...looks similar. will email them for a quote though. we don't want to be right on the gold coast hoping to be more near upper coomera or pacific pines so we can check out rentals easily. :)

Sorry only just saw the above replies,, it's good you found somewhere not too expensive, it should be helpful to others as members always ask where they can stay. I hope your finding your feet in Brisbane ,lol...

For future refernce to anyone else reading - You get a good discount if you stay for 4 weeks or more at Ashmore Palms, i believe you ask for a quote on an 'Intrim Cabin' rather than go off the website holiday prices.

Cal x