189 or a 190 visa guide help!

To get a 189 visa I simply start by... (is it the same for a 190 visa from W.A sponsor)

1 - I take my skills test, OSAP (offshore skills assesment program) at the cost of $?

2 - I do a IELTS test at the cost of $130

3 - I make an Expression of Interest.

If I get invited to commence with the visa application I then submit one at the cost of $3060

At what point should I be getting my police check, health checks and Chest X-ray?

Any more details will be appreciated, I wish to understand to whole step before-hand so I know I can afford it all and procced at the fastest rate possible.

It would be defeating if I got 3/4 way and ran out of money of realised I could have done it easier.

Also how do I know if I need a IELTS test or a OET test as I already meet the 'english language threshold with owning a British passport' so the booklet says.

I've responded about police checks and meds in the other thread.

This link will provide you with all the info on the visa and the application processes for the 189 and 190 visa:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-189/

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-190/

And if you read through 'booklet 6' (found on these links) this will help answer your questions further.

To get a 189 visa I simply start by... (is it the same for a 190 visa from W.A sponsor)

1 - I take my skills test, OSAP (offshore skills assesment program) at the cost of $?

2 - I do a IELTS test at the cost of $130

3 - I make an Expression of Interest.

If I get invited to commence with the visa application I then submit one at the cost of $3060

At what point should I be getting my police check, health checks and Chest X-ray?

Any more details will be appreciated, I wish to understand to whole step before-hand so I know I can afford it all and procced at the fastest rate possible.

It would be defeating if I got 3/4 way and ran out of money of realised I could have done it easier.

Also how do I know if I need a IELTS test or a OET test as I already meet the 'english language threshold with owning a British passport' so the booklet says.

Hi,

There is a difference between 189 and 190 visa, for latter you need a sponsorship from a state.

The cost of assessment depends upon the category and the assessing body, it varies.

IELTS cost £130.

One off lodgement fee is $3060.

Medicals and PC cost around £350.

If you apply for 189, you dont need to apply for state sponsorship. You just do the assessment and IELTS. Then submit EOI. Once EOI is selected and you are invited to apply, you lodge your visa application. It is better to have the medicals and PC done when you lodge your visa.

In terms of IELTS, I think it is a must for everyone as it determines your overall score.

cheers

In very simple terms our straight forward 189 application went as follows.

Jan 2012, IELTS test, £120.00, cost varies between centres.

March 2012 submission to VETASSESS. Seem to recall circa £700 ish and approx 12 weeks

August 2012 EoI submitted cost $3060.00 aus, took 8 weeks to receive acceptance and retook IELTS to get additional 10 points to increase EoI standings. Additional £120 incurred in my case although gave 75 points.

November 2012 medicals and police checks, 1 month to process seem to recall circa £500.

January 2013 visa granted

We appointed an agent mid process so their cost on top but certainly helped see matters through.

Make sure you have all of you documents to hand.

Passport

Degree certificates

5 years of P60's

Medical history

References from previous employers including what your tasks included

Confirmstion letters from your university confirming subjects studied.

Proof of household bills etc.

Remember each case is specific and the above is only my personal experience.

S