Frequent flyer points - quanta/singaapore

The Celt

Hi, just wondering if anyone is a frequent flyer and collects points towards their flights. I am thinking of starting this when we travel over so we can start to build points towards interstate travel and visits back home. Does anyone have any experience of this? Thanks

Hi, just wondering if anyone is a frequent flyer and collects points towards their flights. I am thinking of starting this when we travel over so we can start to build points towards interstate travel and visits back home. Does anyone have any experience of this? Thanks

I do with Qantas. I had our woolworths reward card linked to it as well so collected points that way as well. You do need quite a few points for flights though. Took me 2 return trips from the UK to Sydney and a years worth of shopping for 1 return ticket from Sydney to cairns. Saying that if you sign up with Qantas from the UK I believe it's free so if its not costing you anything then you may as well.

Yes - frequent flyer with both Emirates and Qantas. Emirates (imho) is a better airline but it's easier to collect FF points on qantas over here with Woolworths, Optus, Mastercard etc. Even better for me is now the two airlines are collaborating which means the FF points will be interchangeable from April.

NWM

I do with Qantas. I had our woolworths reward card linked to it as well so collected points that way as well. You do need quite a few points for flights though. Took me 2 return trips from the UK to Sydney and a years worth of shopping for 1 return ticket from Sydney to cairns. Saying that if you sign up with Qantas from the UK I believe it's free so if its not costing you anything then you may as well.

I have a friend who has millions of Quantas points as he travels for buisness but he cant always get on the flights he wants with his points

Most airlines have a loyalty programme -we use Singapore airlines a lot as we fly from Adelaide and dont like going East to go West so to speak -they are always accomadating and helpfull

I am planning on getting a visiy from a family member from the UK to Queensland this year, if i book her flight on line can i use my freq flyer card to get points ? or can she book it in the UK and use my card number for the points ?

I don't think you can collect points on behalf of anyone else. I do know that you can gift/use your points for someone else but not he way you want to. Get them to register anyway, I know my Qantas and emirates membership has been free. Need to sign up with Singapore now s we re flying with them in may.

I am planning on getting a visiy from a family member from the UK to Queensland this year, if i book her flight on line can i use my freq flyer card to get points ? or can she book it in the UK and use my card number for the points ?

No - the points have to go to the person flying. But Qantas does let you transfer points between close family members once a year so you could ask nicely once they have been credited to your relly.

Archived