13,moving to VIC

n1amh

i am 13 and moving to Melbourne. it is more than likely i will be moving to berwick areas.

Firstly,i would like to know what year i will be in for school. If i move in the UK's summer i will be 14,so i dont know if i will be in year 9 or year 10.

Secondly,i would just like to talk to some aged 12-15 who has experiences moving to Australia, so that it will help make me feel more confident and comfortable about making new friends and starting a new school etc.

PLEASE reply!! thanks x

• 4 weeks later...

Hi n1amh,

We moved over last June to sanctuary lakes in point Cook and have a 14yr old son and an 8yr old daughter (13 & 7 when we made the move :laugh:) Our son turned 14 last Aug and started in grade 8 in school when we first arrived. He started grade 9 in January when the new school year began (he would have started yr10 last sept in the UK) I will tell him about your post, I am sure he wouldn't mind chatting about his experiences of making the move and settling into school etc. I can tell you that he loves it here, thinks the school is great, and has made some fantastic new friends, so I am sure you will too :yes:

• 8 months later...

Hi

If you were born in 1998 you will be in year 10 and if you are born in 1999 you'll be in year nine, but there is some leeway about kids born in January and February and they might take into consideration what schooling you have already completed.

• 1 month later...

Hello ,

we have been looking at sanctuary lakes in point cook also. Our flights are booked for may 14 , we also have a 8 year old son. We have been looking at schools in the area where you live also and seabrook is said to be very good which school would you recommend? And what's your experiences been to the area any tips or pointers you can give?? Kind regards Siobhan and terry :-)