Which ISP provider in Longford and Launceston TAS for a dongle?

Tuosist

I will be staying in Longford near Launcestonfor 4 months.

I wanted to order some sort of mobile broadband device i.e. dongle.

Is Telstra 4G mobile the only choice or are there other options?

Any suggestions for mobile phone package deals?

thanks in advance

We use a 4G telstra dongle connection.We have a package with Telstra and pay $129 a month for the internet and mobile phone.We get $550 of calls and free texts on that. There are other providers but I certainly think you would be better sticking to Telstra, as the other providers ,can be pretty poor on reception.

The 4G, internet freezes constantly and can be a complete pain, but we manage.I just swear it it alot:)But its still probably your best option.

We wont have a home phone, because of the rip-off connection fee

You can get cheaper packages , if you dont want much useage ,but we were finding it was gone half way through the month and we only do emails, and just reading the newspapers and PIO, so no downloads or anything. Dont know how they justify that we have used it all:)

Happy to meet up with you, when you get here, if you want , just PM me.

Edited by Sapphire

I would stick with Telstra in Tas.

As Sapphire said, all of the other carriers are rubbish signal wise in comparison. I can't comment on mobile internet with them, but with normal mobile service, they blow the competition away, especially in the Launceston area and out in the rural areas of northern Tas. :-)

Hi Sapphire and Annagilda, I guess I was looking for the proverbial pot of gold under the rainbow...thought Optus might be good enough at this stage. wishful thinking eh? I do have a Telstra sim on PAUG mobile however we will need internet as well. Main use will be skype, papers, forum stuff and email. My husband loves to use youtube and download movies but that will be off the cards until we move to Brisbane and can get one of those unlimited ADSL packages such as with TPG. The Naked ADSL packages alsolook good however where we are staying there is no phone port to take advantage of.

Gosh we will have to talk to each other instead of fiddling on the internet!

I note that Woolworths have a good mobile deal with data use altho this is on optus. i won' be travelling much outside of l'ton / longford area thats why i was considering optus with the Telstra paug for when we are out of area. hmmm oh well

...,but we were finding it was gone half way through the month and we only do emails, and just reading the newspapers and PIO, so no downloads or anything. Dont know how they justify that we have used it all:)

Just to clarify that anything you look at on the internet is counted in the download numbers...so, for example, anytime you open a new PIO page or send an email, your useage stats increase.

I agree it would be safest to go with Telstra for the time the OP is here. Optus claim that they have recently improved their coverage here but I don't know how accurate that is.