Working Holiday Visa

neolight90

Quick question if I may.

If I go on a working holiday visa and I have been told if I want a job for what I do the best way is to come over and start working for them and impress them and work on getting them to sponsor me.

My question is can my wife and kids visit me and stay at my aunts who lives there just holidaying not to work on her part as she has never been before.

It would not be at the same time as me I would come over first.

No your children can not join you in Austraila while you are on a WHV. No dependence are allowed and you will need to apply by paper application.

Bit harsh that I cant see my children or wife for a whole year lol

They are 2 and 3 they would forget me

Do not take advice from the DIAC helpline they are more often than not wrong with the advice they give.

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/eligibility-first.htm

• not be accompanied by dependent children at any time during your stay in Australia
    Note: A dependent child is the child, or step-child, of you or your partner who:
    • is not married, engaged to be married, or in a de facto relationship
    • has not turned 18.

If you would like a dependent child to join you in Australia you must apply for a different visa such as a Tourist visa. If you have dependent children who will not accompany you at any time you must apply for a Working Holiday visa using the paper application. You are not able to apply online.

See Migration Regulation 411.211 4(d)

"(d) will not be accompanied by dependent children during his or her stay in Australia."

It is not harsh this is the rules, having dependent children in Australia while on a WHV will void your visa if they are allowed to enter Australia, they would more and likely be refused entry.

You can go on a WHV if you apply by paper to find a sponsor, I have seen others in same situation having to sign statement to state that their children will not enter Australia while they are on a WHV, same happens when people give birth on a WHV, they are giving a Bridging visa, so they can organise the childs passport so they can leave Australia. ) ,

If you find a sponsor then they can be added to the application as your dependents, once visa is granted they can enter Australia, 457 visas can be granted in about a week if the employer is already a business sponsor.

Or go down the General Migration Route..

Immigration are wrong?? Woah

He said yes I can't have them on my visa but they can go over on there own tourist visa. How comes immigration get stuff wrong surely it's there job to know this stuff

You would think.... But the amount of time the helpline gives wrong answers and mess up applications, and they are not accountable for the wrong advice that they give.

Call back you are likely to get a different answer - this is quite typical too.

Bit harsh that I cant see my children or wife for a whole year lol

They are 2 and 3 they would forget me

On the WHV you would not be able to work for the same employer for the whole year. Hopefully you can convince them to sponsor you (and your family) quickly, or find a more suitable option.

You would think.... But the amount of time the helpline gives wrong answers and mess up applications, and they are not accountable for the wrong advice that they give.

Call back you are likely to get a different answer - this is quite typical too.

I have decided to go out on my own, get a job and impress someone enough to sponsor me so I can bring my family over for good, its going to be painful to leave my little girls and wife for a time but its for a good cause, I just hope I can impress someone enough to get the sponsorship

I have decided to go out on my own, get a job and impress someone enough to sponsor me so I can bring my family over for good, its going to be painful to leave my little girls and wife for a time but its for a good cause, I just hope I can impress someone enough to get the sponsorship

What is your occupation, it is alot easier to get a job in Australia than from Overseas.

What is your occupation, it is alot easier to get a job in Australia than from Overseas.

Network Engineer, which is on the skilled list but I am newly qualified with CCNA which is the Cisco networking Cert, I have worked in IT only a total of 18 months employed and 4 years self employed but I have not worked in IT for the last 2 years as I took time out to raise my little kids as they missed me, and help my wife set up her online business. So I doubt anyone would want me quite yet with no experience as such in networking even though I was doing helpdesk and programming in the jobs I had before and there was some networking involved. I hope I can bring I got the book smarts now I have the Cert to give me a chance and impress them, but I think I would not pass the skill assessment as I am newly qualified in the skilled job.

All the agencies in Oz said I have to come over and impress the companies as he doubts anyone would sponsor me at this stage

Just be very careful about using a WHV to come to Oz and expect to get sponsored. Getting sponsored is very hard and most never get it. Its not just a matter of you impressing a company. They have to establish that the only reason they are wanting to sponsor you is because they can not fill the vacancy with a local. Then, you have a lot of companies that simply refuse no matter what to sponsor. Then, there is the issue of even getting a job in your field while on the WHV as a lot of employers will not employ skilled people in them sort of roles as they know you can only stay 6 months.

A WHV is what it says on the tin and nothing more.

Archived