Racism

Kelvin Charles

Total crap... I've yet to find australian immigration encouraging. Aussie immigration are pro Asian full stop. If your from the UK well its an up hill climb

Hopefully it's an uphill climb from wherever you're from. We all have to meet the same criteria (I hope). A lot of my Aussie friends have been amazed at how much it cost us to get in and what hoops we had to jump through to get a visa. A lot thought and a few aussies still think that Brits get a special treatment and can move here on a whim I reckon.

Guest chris955

Lets face it, at the end of the day Australia is at least as racist as any other western country, to deny that is ridiculous. There is absolutely no reason why the country should be less racist than any other. I know some seem to laugh it off as just 'the Aussie way' or it is just a joke.

.................and yet again. Anything to deflect the slightest suggestion that there could possibly be racism in Australia.

Should I correct that? That Australia is 'the LEAST racist country'!

Repetition does not magically morph into truth!

...........and on that note. I have a plane to catch and choose not to take the contraption. There are no phones or internet cafes'. Nirvana!

(Enough good people are here to counter the culture of non-racist racists. Please note: I am not addressing any individual).

..............I have enjoyed your posts though. Thank-you for your comments.....Adieu.

One hopes you are travelling to a veritable Paradise, a country free from any form of prejudice, racism, discrimination, female circumcision, a place where minority groups and religions are free to practice their lives as they please, free from the long arm of the Mul-laws.

Please report back soon on your experiences. (Assuming you are not languishing somewhere in a prison of a country which does not recognize Habeas Corpus.

OF COURSE, Australia has its problems BUT it is one of those countries that seem curiously attractive to all sorts of people who don't like living in their own countries. Now, WHY could that be?

Lets face it, at the end of the day Australia is at least as racist as any other western country, to deny that is ridiculous. There is absolutely no reason why the country should be less racist than any other. I know some seem to laugh it off as just 'the Aussie way' or it is just a joke.

Of course, you are right, Australia is probably no better and no worse than the likes of New Zealand, Canada, and the UK. In the 'pop' charts of human rights it's a bit like four countries holding down the number one spot, whilst most of the other countries don't even make the top 50.