agent or go alone

nursejules

right have decided to make a start. So thought would begin with IETLS. I'm a nurse hubby praying for redundancy from the army.

I am unsure which visa we have decided on Adelaide would like permanent residency but unsure which we should be going for.

Is it easier to go through an agent to guide??

I went alone but I contacted a couple of Agents first just to get an idea of what information I needed to collate.

They will probably send you an information pack of some kind......I used this to do it myself.

As long as you are organised and be aware that you need to give LOADS of information and spend some decent time sorting out what to send to where you will be fine.

Plus you will save a shed load of money, exactly what you need when you take a look at those flight prices :-)

Whether to employ an agent largely comes down to two key factors in my opinion. 1) Whether you can negotiate and understand the necessary paperwork. Get this wrong and you risk losing your visa fee of several thousand. 2) Whether your application is straight forward (i.e. no criminal records, clean medical history for all migrating members, straight forward skills assessment etc).

If the answer is yes to both of these, then I think going it alone is entirely doable, if no to one/both then I think it comes down to how confident you feel about negotiating the system. If not confident then an agent may be the way to go for you.

Archived