family in Oz but job not on SOL list... please help!!!

rach01484

Hi all

I am desperate for some advice. My husbands mum, sister and brother are all living in Australia, as Australian citizens, and have been residents for 20+ years. My husband and i are wanting to move, to live, in Australia. I am a qualified youth and community worker - currently working as a drug/alcohol worker. My husband is currently umemployed, previously been a joiner but not qualified.

We have just visited Oz for 6 weeks - my partner has previously done a years working visa.

As my job is not on the SOL list, how can we get into Australia?

Also, his family are prepared to sponser us but when we rung up the Australian consulate we was told family sponsership means nothing at the moment. Does anyone know when this visa option will be available again?

ANY help is muchly appreciated.

Thank you

Family sponsorship is very unlikely to be available again. But even with family sponsorship you still need to have a job that is in demand. That said Youth worker is on the list:

[h=1]Youth Worker - 411716[/h]Job description

Assists young people as individuals or groups to solve social, emotional and financial problems in an agency framework.

Skill level

This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with an AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma. At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 2).

If you require further information on this occupation, please refer to the Australian Bureau of Statistics website.

See: Unit Group 4117 - Welfare Support Workers

Information on the skill level of each occupation is consistent with the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) and may differ from the requirements set by the assessing authorities for obtaining a skills assessment. Please contact the relevant assessing authority for your nominated occupation to check on their requirements.

Program eligibility

Applicants in this occupation may be eligible for skilled migration under the following programs: Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS), Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS), Points Based Skilled Migration visa, Temporary Business (Long Stay) (Subclass 457).

See:

Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186)

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187)

SkillSelect (Points Based Skilled Migration visa)

Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457)

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/y/youth-worker.htm

Guest colinmac

Hi

Why don't you try being assessed as a welfare worker. My other half ended up going down this route.

Australian Community Workers Association(ACWA)

http://www.acwa.org.au/migration-assessment/who-is-a-welfare-worker.

[h=2]Common occupation titles associated with welfare work[/h]Some occupational titles that may be associated with welfare work are:

[TABLE=width: 663]

[TR]

[TD]Assessment Officer

[/TD]

[TD]Disability Services Officer[/TD]

[TD]Parole Officer[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Careers Counsellor[/TD]

[TD]Drug and Alcohol Counsellor[/TD]

[TD]Program Manager[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Case Manager, Case Worker[/TD]

[TD]Family Counsellor

[/TD]

[TD]Rehabilitation Counsellor[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Child Protection Worker[/TD]

[TD]Family Court Counsellor[/TD]

[TD]Residential Care Coordinator[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Children's Service Worker[/TD]

[TD]Family Services Worker[/TD]

[TD]Social Worker[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Community Corrections Worker[/TD]

[TD]Financial Counsellor[/TD]

[TD]Student Counsellor[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Community Development Officer[/TD]

[TD]Grief Counsellor[/TD]

[TD]Team Leader[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Community Educator[/TD]

[TD]Housing Officer/Worker[/TD]

[TD]Trauma Counsellor[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Intake Officer/Worker[/TD]

[TD]Welfare Officer/Worker[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Community Worker[/TD]

[TD]Juvenile Justice Officer/Worker[/TD]

[TD]Youth Accommodation Support Officer/Worker[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Crisis Counsellor

[/TD]

[TD]Multicultural Support Officer/Worker[/TD]

[TD]Youth Officer/Worker[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #F0C631, align: justify]Crisis Intervention Worker[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F0C631, align: justify]Outreach Worker[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Stum85, my job is on the 2nd list, not the first list... this is why im unsure what to do or where to go?

You will require state nomination, both of these occupations are currently on the WA State Occupation List, but you will need to check the state you wish to go to to see if it is their list.

Run your case past a Registered Migration Agent. Try Go Matilda, Visa Bureau or Overseas Emigration.

Archived