AHPRA Guide for Dummies?

carol

Hello all

I have applied for my 189 yey- now to tackle AHPRA- what do I do? Can anyone give me a breakdown of what I need to do? Will I need to gather a lot more evidence than ANMAC required?

All I have read on here is that it is a nightmare and takes a long time. I am looking to go over in August so thought best to get ball rolling now!

If anyone is willing to share their AHPRA CV I would be really grateful- I am not sure what to list under clinical and procedural skills and surely they can't mean all clinical and procedural skills!?! I am not in clinical practice anymore- for about 5 years at least- so not sure if they also want management info under that part... help!

Thanks

Carol

Hi Carol it can take a while it depends on which office you apply to I sent mine to Melbourne in July last year and it took just under 12 weeks. You have a couple of options now pretty much all of the documents you sent for skills assessment are the same for AHPRA and you can ask for them to be sent over from ANMAC which saves you some money but I have heard of them not all going together as a package as you would expect them too so delays in them all arriving

I just certified everything and sent direct with my application so it was all arriving together.

I had to get IELTS sent direct and NMC verification direct and also my uni would only send direct the transcript strangely the exact same document which had been fine for skills assessment was not detailed enough for APHRA they requested I also send full course description as well

for my cv I just did as normal but a little more detailed so I put the name of the trust a little bit about the patient group covered my duties and I think I included average nurse to patient ratio as well. After work history I put a section for CPD and listed by year all mandatory and other training had taken and amount of hours for each one and also i think method of delivery eg online etc and last if all referee details then it needs to be signed and dated and declared by yourself as true account

hope that helps

mem

Hi carol

I'm hoping to apply for AHPRA soonish, we are just waiting for a partner visa to be granted hopefully. Though I can't be of help it will be interesting to learn from the replies, I have found it all quite confusing. Good luck with your application.

Ruth

Oh Mem

does someone need to sign my cv or a form or is it just me?

Its just you Carol somewhere on their cv guidelines it gives you the wording and they are a stickler for the exact wording on certified stuff as well it's something like I declare this to be a true account as of ........ Then signature. Give us a shout if you get stuck :)

Hi all. I'm just about to apply too, but am thinking to hold off until April as will probably have to pay another fee in June to renew if I apply just now? only worry is that it looks like it can take ages and we will be arriving in WA in June. Also concerned that if there are any problems with my application it might be more difficult to fix from oz.

Does anyone know what the 'registration fee' for WA is as on application form it says 'assessment fee $220' + 'application fee $160' + 'registration fee - blank'.

Shoosh - you are required to send certified copies of everything, no originals to be sent. If you print off the application form it gives you guidance notes.

I posted my application form etc just before Xmas, but it doesn't seem to have arrived yet.is it common to take this long, or should I resign myself to the fact I will need to go through a whole new application etc.

i posted it from glasgow Scotland , uk.

Guest guest79615

Hi i posted from the UK to Sydney and the whole process took 9 weeks, they confirmed receiving the application a week or so after i sent it, it may take longer due to Christmas holidays, i would phone them if i were you, phoning them appears to make them get moving, i feel if i had phoned them sooner to let them know i was chasing it up i would have got eligibility even quicker. Did you send it airsure, special delivery or anything? via

I posted my application form etc just before Xmas, but it doesn't seem to have arrived yet.is it common to take this long, or should I resign myself to the fact I will need to go through a whole new application etc.

i posted it from glasgow Scotland , uk.

Thanks for the reply.i emailed them bout 10 days ago , they said they hadn't got it at that point.they said I would get a confirmation email.i have not had one yet , also no payment has been taken.It was just airmail.It was over£5.00 to post . I just dred having to do it again, more trying to get everything notarised.It cost £60, but afterwards my solicitor told me that it should have cost £50 per signature. How much did your documents cost to be notarised.

Now we have made the decision to make the move, I just want to know the process has commenced.

Guest guest79615

I went to the local court and go them all done for free, i live in Exeter now but am from Glasgow and know the courts do them for free there too, so you don't need to pay, i was quoted £25 for all signatures form one solicitor but tried the court first and glad i did. You should phone ahpra, i was emailing too but whenever i phoned things got moving really quickly and I've heard a few people say that. I soooo hope you don't have to do it again, that would be a nightmare. I sent mine airsure so i could track it, that cost £13 i think. god luck, hope it hasn't got lost

Thanks for the reply.i emailed them bout 10 days ago , they said they hadn't got it at that point.they said I would get a confirmation email.i have not had one yet , also no payment has been taken.It was just airmail.It was over£5.00 to post . I just dred having to do it again, more trying to get everything notarised.It cost £60, but afterwards my solicitor told me that it should have cost £50 per signature. How much did your documents cost to be notarised.

Now we have made the decision to make the move, I just want to know the process has commenced.

Guest guest79615

Hi, i phoned the court first and made an appointment, i still had to sit for about an hour waiting on them, but worth it for free! I'm a mental health nurse, done my training in Glasgow before moving to Exeter for my first post as no jobs in Scotland! I have been offered a job in Sydney which i have accepted and they are applying for my 457 visa at the moment. They want me to start by may at the latest so hopefully visa wont take too long

Thanks for that.

Did you have to notify the court or just turn up to get them done.If I had thought I would have done that but cos of Xmas it didnt occur to me. What sort of nurse are you and have you been offered a job at all.

Congratulations and good luck with the move etc.

i am an adult recovery nurse, have been qualified nearly 5 years.

Thanks for info to do with the court.

I have been in contact with plexus recruitment , who sounded positive that I should be able to get a nursing post. Doing your sums do you think you will be better off.

Guest guest79615

not a great deal better off as im going to Sydney which is expensive but a little better maybe, money isn't the driving force for me, if it was i wouldn't go to Sydney. Health staff recruitment organized my interview for me. Hope things go smoothly for you, i thought ahpra would be my biggest stress but went ok in the end. Good luck, im sure you will find work easily enough.

Congratulations and good luck with the move etc.

i am an adult recovery nurse, have been qualified nearly 5 years.

Thanks for info to do with the court.

I have been in contact with plexus recruitment , who sounded positive that I should be able to get a nursing post. Doing your sums do you think you will be better off.

Guest guest79615

awww i used to live in Wishaw (and kilsyth), forgot about that place ;)

Hi Kitty Kat

Are you in G'gow city or outside? I have a contact list of Justice of Peace in North Lanarkshire- they sign copies as originals for free :) PM me your email address if you want it

Hi Lorna

Yes we bailed out too! Not sure when you last went but it has went down the road of many steel work towns and has fallen into tough times the street is full of empty shops but if you are after some alcohol it must have about 20 pubs! It is such a shame it has been allowed to fall apart. We go back quite often although not as much as we used to it is like night and day from where we are now!

awww i used to live in Wishaw (and kilsyth), forgot about that place ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest79615

this summer hopefully, earliest may and the latest august :) are you making plans to move?

Hi lorna , Im from wishaw myself just wanted to say hello x Are you moving over pretty soon ? x

Archived