Roadhouse Assistants Wanted - Free Accommodation and Salary

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

Now if I didn't have the kids this is one thing I would love to do. Just think of all the money you could save with no outgoings.

Doomadgee Roadhouse, Far North West QLD, requires a couple to fill the position/s of Roadhouse Assistants. The position will need to have one partner as a good all round handyman or trade qualified that is able to do general repairs, maintenance and some construction on a small scale to the Roadhouse plant, equipment and grounds as the primary requirement and be used to the heat and out-doors work. The other partner will be required to have a good understanding of Till operation and customer service, back-office duties that will include “end of day”, ATM and EFTPOS. Some experience in working in remote Aboriginal Communities. Both must also be prepared to clean, stack shelves, assist un-loading freight and have a drivers license.

It is REMOTE and ISOLATED and has some ALCOHOL restrictions in place...

RSA .................... is NOT needed

Fast paced work ... NO, this position requires a mature approch at a steady pace, if you are bored easy, have a "social life", like resturaunts, pubs, citys and lots of people around you then please do NOT bother to apply, it is remote, quite and boring :-)

Accomodation........Couple accomodation is provided, 2br house, free power and rent

Salary .................. negotiable

Own transport ....... preffered

Pets ..................... NOT allowed

Children ............... Yes, keep in mind it is a remote Aboriginal community but we also have our own (3) young kids

Fishing & camping .......... awsome !!!!!!

Any further info feel free to call us anytime 07 4745 8298

Guest The Pom Queen
2 bucks an hour , be minted lol

Lol it would be more than that but hey if you get a house free and all the bills it's a good deal

Probably more a backpacker sort of thing. Phoned on behalf of a French girl when living in NT,(a very remote roadhouse in the middle of woop woop)who had run out of money and she got the job. Everything free including almost no wages. Still she stuck at it for about three months and had some experiences to tell at the end. Although some were of the ferral nature especially the attitudes of some of the passing men......

Guest The Pom Queen

I wouldn't mind doing something like this though when the kids leave home, sell up and hit the road, managing properties like this would be great. I think it's ok for a mature couple but like you say a single girl out there alone is quite worrying. Good on her for sticking it out at least she will have found the real Australian Outback

I wouldn't mind doing something like this though when the kids leave home, sell up and hit the road, managing properties like this would be great. I think it's ok for a mature couple but like you say a single girl out there alone is quite worrying. Good on her for sticking it out at least she will have found the real Australian Outback

I guess she felt she had limited options at the time and wanted to see the rest of her WHV out....Farm managers to those with experience is another way...a couple from Zimbabwe I met yonks ago did just that....but then they had the background...

Camping sites could be another although the competition may make it difficult to obtain.......

In my case the clostophobia of the Australian Outback would rule it out as an option .......strange perhaps but it's the only word I can think to describe than feeling I get in remote conditions after any length of time....

Guest The Pom Queen
I guess she felt she had limited options at the time and wanted to see the rest of her WHV out....Farm managers to those with experience is another way...a couple from Zimbabwe I met yonks ago did just that....but then they had the background...

Camping sites could be another although the competition may make it difficult to obtain.......

In my case the clostophobia of the Australian Outback would rule it out as an option .......strange perhaps but it's the only word I can think to describe than feeling I get in remote conditions after any length of time....

It's strange isn't it, I'm the opposite, love the outback.

Funny you should say that. I lived in the NT outback for five years and claustrophobic aptly describes how I felt.

A full two day drive to get to a city was a killer. Remote NT is a law and world to its own...

However,I did meet the famous piano playing dingo at a roadhouse once, he tried to eat my two year old as I recall :)

Funny you should say that. I lived in the NT outback for five years and claustrophobic aptly describes how I felt.

A full two day drive to get to a city was a killer. Remote NT is a law and world to its own...

However,I did meet the famous piano playing dingo at a roadhouse once, he tried to eat my two year old as I recall :)

I done a spell at Lake Bennett, if you know that in the NT....as close to stir crazy or going troppo as I ever hope to experience. It would be very easy to disappear up there and no trace ever found.