Sept 2013??

Guest lulum1986

Guest lulum1986

Anyone looking to go to Oz around sept 2013. If so you have any plans etc? Im looking to go then. I have no idea where to start etc? or how much money to try and save. Im not going good on the saving so far i only have £1,700 lol

Anyone looking to go to Oz around sept 2013. If so you have any plans etc? Im looking to go then. I have no idea where to start etc? or how much money to try and save. Im not going good on the saving so far i only have £1,700 lol

Thats better than £1 lol you'll get to your target amount eventually.

Have you had a look at the other whv threads for ideas

Guest lulum1986

yeah cant seem to come up with a plan. lol. I did go to OZ last xmas for a holiday and loved it but just stayed in Sydney then as I have family there. So that kind of is a base for me. Other than that I dont have a clue lol.

yeah cant seem to come up with a plan. lol. I did go to OZ last xmas for a holiday and loved it but just stayed in Sydney then as I have family there. So that kind of is a base for me. Other than that I dont have a clue lol.

Dont worry everybodys like that at first! Just have a look around the whv part, theres loads of info and fire away with any questions. Ive never been on a WHV but ill help in any way i can but theres a lot of other members here who have been

Are you both in Oz? Whats your situation at the mo? X

Im not in oz, i think im going to retrain so i can get a perm visa, going to go a holiday though in meantime.

Are you going over alone? Btw theres threads on "student room forum" people who are looking for other people to travel with x

Hey, me and a friend are heading out on the 18th september and you are way ahead of us on the saving! We are starting in Melbourne with a plan on working our way up. I've mainly been to Sydney before as i also have family there but very excited to see somewhere new! x

If you have family in Sydney, then make that your first point of call. You can get yourself settled in, familiarize yourself with your plans, where to go, etc without the hassle of having to worry about finding accommodation, a job and and paying bills straight away. If you're traveling on your own, it will also give you a chance to makes some new friends before you set off for your adventure.

Thanks nick ill have a look. How you finding it?

I'm travelling alone too, it's pretty good. The only downside about being on your own is you don't have someone to go do stuff with all the time, if you get what I mean. It's nice having the freedom to do what you want, when you want, but when you want a pint for example it's a bit tricky! But other than that it's really fun. Just incredibly hot and humit here in QLD. A lot more than I was expecting, the heat really drains you. But the money here is good, and there's plenty to do and see, and there's near constantly cricket on the telly too!

Guest lulum1986
Hey, me and a friend are heading out on the 18th september and you are way ahead of us on the saving! We are starting in Melbourne with a plan on working our way up. I've mainly been to Sydney before as i also have family there but very excited to see somewhere new! x

That sounds like a good idea :) it's exciting :)

Guest lulum1986
If you have family in Sydney, then make that your first point of call. You can get yourself settled in, familiarize yourself with your plans, where to go, etc without the hassle of having to worry about finding accommodation, a job and and paying bills straight away. If you're traveling on your own, it will also give you a chance to makes some new friends before you set off for your adventure.

Yeah very true that sounds like a plan :) ill need to do plenty of research first then once I'm settled there I can set off :)

Guest lulum1986
I'm travelling alone too, it's pretty good. The only downside about being on your own is you don't have someone to go do stuff with all the time, if you get what I mean. It's nice having the freedom to do what you want, when you want, but when you want a pint for example it's a bit tricky! But other than that it's really fun. Just incredibly hot and humit here in QLD. A lot more than I was expecting, the heat really drains you. But the money here is good, and there's plenty to do and see, and there's near constantly cricket on the telly too!

Hot that sounds lovely :) cos I'm sooooooo cold lol. Do you have a trade? Or u just found any job?

Got about 18 months experience as a chef, so working as one now, but graduated with a Masters in Chemical Engineering. Making the most of my studies it seems!

You sound a smart cookie lol. Ill need to go check out your travel thread, enjoy reading the whv thread. Usually always interesting

Hi,

I am heading out towards the End of September 2013 / Early October 2013.

I think I will be starting in Melbourne, and working my way round from there.

I am going to try and get my three months regional work completed as soon as possible, and then can relax and spend my time travelling and enjoying the sights, whilst picking up casual work along the way.

On the to do list:

- Cage Diving in Port Lincoln with Great White Sharks

- Sky Dive

- White Water Rafting

Me and my buddy are planning on going out there in late sept early oct. Were planning on starting off in melbourne staying with a mate out there for a couple weeks just to see the sites and stuff then planning on going to find work in the country to save some money. we really want to buy a cheap camper van and just drive around the country

Me and my buddy are planning on going out there in late sept early oct. Were planning on starting off in melbourne staying with a mate out there for a couple weeks just to see the sites and stuff then planning on going to find work in the country to save some money. we really want to buy a cheap camper van and just drive around the country

Sounds good. You planning on staying the whole year?