Getting married on validation trip

cki2011

Hello

We are going to Perth in Feb to validate our visa and will be there for a month, we would like to know if we can get married while we are there can anyone tell me what we would have to do to, is there a set time we have to be there or would getting married affect our visa as the surname would be different coming back.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Best get on with it then!

You have to fill in a notice of intended marriage form, which needs to be with the celebrant, at least one month before the wedding. The form is a standard one found online and the signatures need to be witnessed by a notary public (we went to Australia house).

Use the same passports. Doesn't matter.

Never had any problems in the UK, haven't bothered registering the marriage over here though.

Hello

We are going to Perth in Feb to validate our visa and will be there for a month, we would like to know if we can get married while we are there can anyone tell me what we would have to do to, is there a set time we have to be there or would getting married affect our visa as the surname would be different coming back.

Thanks

You surname won't automatically change so wouldn't worry about that.

Hello

Thanks

Err well just don't apply for a new passport in new name whilst there! Wait until you get back.

:biggrin:

Archived