2 Week House Rental with Swimming Pool - Any Thoughts?

DeanoM

Hi All,

I wonder if you can help me.

I am flying over from the UK in April to activate our Visa's, have a look around Melbourne and see what kind of area's we wish to live in for when we emigrate in Q1 2014.

I am after a short term - 2 week accommodation rental from Wed 3rd April to Monday 15th April.

Ideally I would like a furnished detached house with a pool - I understand this is a lot to ask but I want to make this 2 week stay comfortable and enjoyable for my family, this will be after all 1st impressions of Melbourne to the 3 of us and I want to convince family its where we want to live - If I end up using big4.com this isn’t going to be the impression I want to be giving out.

Do you know of any short term rentals, or where I can find info / urls?

Happy to pay - Not looking for cheap digs.... This is also semi hunny moon so dont mind pushing the boat out a bit ;-)

Assistance Appreciated

Try this

http://www.rent-a-home.com.au/visitors/?gclid=CMiNzqrRybQCFUNNpgodNDoAiQ

dont know anyone who's used this company but by the looks of the areas available it's pretty reliable.

Go for the Inner Eastern suburbs. There are nice pockets in the west but generally speaking the eastern side of Melb is nicer.

Toorak/Sth Yarra/Caulfield/Prahran is as expensive as you can go pm there list.

East to west the metropolitain are of Melb is approx 90km wide so dont go too far out. Googlemap the suburbs to see where the property is situated.

Ali B

Is it warm enough to use a pool in Melbourne in an average April? Hopefully some people who live there will come along to help as it may give you a wider field if not.

Very good point. I'll swim in an unheated outside pool in Sydney in April but it's getting towards the end of the season for doing so....

Im in QLD and by April the water can be a tad chilly most of the time, so just to be sure (and considering its a bit of a honeymoon)i would try and secure a house with a heated pool. If that prooves difficult how about looking for a cabin on a site with a heated pool?

Cal x

Archived