shipping from Ireland

norah9

hi, Just wondering about peoples experiences shipping belongings from Ireland. Had a quote of €4,200 for 700cu". Think we will take less than that though as some of that was furniture that doesnt need to go. And was hoping to pay less that 4000 as we have 6 flights to pay for. any recommendations??? thanks

Hi Norah9

Happy Christmas.

I would have thought you could get a whole 20ft container for your quoted price?

Worth shopping around.

Flights (from Dublin)

Emirates - 30Kg each but not for infants

Etihad - 30Kg each plus infants also get 30Kg

Shipping

Quotes depend where you start and finish...

Out of Cork...

Examples;

self load a 20ft container and shipped to Brisbane (not including any Oz customs fees or delivery to house)

quote: €2500 (inc dropping off container for a few days for loading etc)

(This is our of Cork)

Vivian.

Shipping & Transport Cork Ltd.,

Tivoli Terminal,

Tivoli. Cork.

Fax:+ 353 21 4508904

Email: vivian@shiptranscork.ie

I also received a quote from AMC €4,300

self load a container, but delivered to house other end in Brisbane.

Includes standard custom fees.

Henry Browne

Sales Co Ordinator

AMC Removals

The Elms

Punchestown

Naas

Co Kildare

TEL: 045 874498

FAX: 045 874588

Email: henry.browne@amcremovals.ie

Web: www.amcremovals.ie

POI members Lozzachops and Braidwood shipped using Nat Ross from Cork.

I have heard very positive things about Nat Ross.

Comment

Once thing I would highlight is often people receive very good service this end...however shipments can be delayed and the allocated firm the other end may not be quite as good, so experiences vary hugely.

You should be able to send you stuff 'groupage' which may take longer however should be cheaper.

I am sending a mixed cargo of commercial and personal items in a 20ft container. I am not definite who I am going to use yet as I have to find out like customs fees the Oz end before I definitely decide to send certain items.

POI member BigBadCon recommended sending some items via An Post €60 for up to 20Kg for the essentials ahead of shipping, so you have things upon arrival.

Good luck

thanks for the information. the quote i got was from Nat Ross and it is a sheared container. seemed very expensive to me so im now trying to think of the things i really need and leave stuff behind. Im not taking any white goods as we will have to rent ot our house here. taking large sofa, tv and tv unit. computers, pictures, golf clubs, 23 bikes, 1 bed, lots of books, clothes, kitchen utensils.boxes of toys including xbox,wii and bedlinen etc. we are in mayo so i guess its a bit more expensive but still. over 4000 seems too much for that amount of stuff. i know i can send 20kk boxes with an post for €65 registered post which arrive in 5 days so maybe i should send as much as possible through that and just use the container for the bulky stuff????????? Will check out the company you used. thanks again.

Dear Norah9

I think the quote is what you would expect for door to door delivery.

Cheaper quotes may not work out cheaper in the long run if you have to pay a customs agent and delivery service to offload the other end separately.

It is worth taking either 'everything' or minimal amount.

€4000 is not too much versus the cost of replacing everything when you get to Oz.

If you purchase big ticket items in Oz you have to pay for delivery charges.

Seven seas shipping have an online quote system for boxes, bikes, guitars, tv..try that for different type of quote.

Tuosist

we have got:

£1137, for packing, transport, customs clearance, delivery and unpacking 150 cubic feet with PSS

€960 for door to door, customs clearance and AQIS fee for 100 cubic feet with Nat Ross

€1198 door to door, for 100 cubic feet, customs not included, with ARPIN

€1483 door to door, 100 cubic feet, with Hanley Storage Ltd, no mention of customs or AQIS

€883 wicklow depot to door, 100 cubic feet with Hanley Storage Ltd, no mention of customs or AQIS

We aren't bringing furniture or household goods, as most of our stuff is in a state of disrepair (due to 5 ever growing bundles of energy, aka my darling children :wacko:)

We are going with the idea that if it will need replacing in the first year, it isn't coming. The children are being given 20kg bag, and 6kg carryon, and 1 box for toys. I figure if they work together they will figure out how to bring what they need and want, as the oldest doesn't do 'toys' and they all have communal toys like lego.

I have going immaginary shopping and got all the household stuff we need (dishes, pots, kettle, cutlery, etc) from K-Mart and Target for surprisingly small amounts. We plan on using camp beds until we are better set to get nice beds. Also getting all our bedding there, as they have different sizes. I grew up in Perth and still have duvet covers from when I was small, and I have never seen them filled by and Irish duvet in 20 years!

Hope this is helpful.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived