Urgent help required

Bala123

Hi All

I have recd invitation to apply for 190 visa.. i was planning to include my wife and my mom.. the issue my mom english is less than functional and the charges to include them in visa is so high.. is ok i migrate first and then bring in mom.. can anybody who was in the same situation explain the modalities involved. your inputs are high appreciated.

Thanks Bala

You may not be able to get you mum on the visa regardless. You would have to prove that she is totally dependant on you to allow her to come on your visa. To add her you would have to prove she has no income - including state benefits and has no home if you were to come to Australia

That all depends on how quickly you want her there.

Your mum has to be dependent on you to be included on the 190 visa. No pension or other income.

There are two types of parent visa as far as I remember. I think for both you have to have had pr for two years before you can apply.

And they need at least 50% of their children in Australia. Without that they can't come.

The first one costs LOTS of money, but they can come over sooner (but still not until you have had pr for two years). So probably not an option for you if you already don't want to pay a much lesser amount.

The second one you have to wait two years from having pr, then you apply for this one which is cheaper, but then it takes many years to grant.

Good luck.

Hi All

I have recd invitation to apply for 190 visa.. i was planning to include my wife and my mom.. the issue my mom english is less than functional and the charges to include them in visa is so high.. is ok i migrate first and then bring in mom.. can anybody who was in the same situation explain the modalities involved. your inputs are high appreciated.

Thanks Bala

If you are from a country without a welfare state and your mum is dependent upon you, then you have a chance of bringing her over on your 190 visa.

However, if you chose not to take that opportunity then the only visa you could assist her with later is the parent visa, which costs about $40k so I think that it is about 10 times greater than the second VAC. I know what I would do...

Archived