Whats our option?

kellyjamie

Evening,

I posted the other day regarding my son and the fact he has changed his mind and now wants to come with us. The problem is this..... we fly out Jan 30th and at present have bn told the offshore child visa is taking about 7 mths, is there any other option for us? We had decided he would follow us out with my parents in Aug when his visa thru but hes told us this eveing he really wants to come with us asap!! As a mother i feel pretty useless at the moment as i cant see how he can join us any quicker? Is it worth calling Aus House to explain the situ and see if theres any special circumstance we may be allowed??

Thanks in advance

Kelly

I don't think phoning Australia house will achieve anything. Everyone waiting for this visa is likely to think that they have a special need to get it more quickly than other people in the queue and in any case Australia house don't process the visas.

I guess some people would apply and then take him on a tourist visa, personally I would not as he is not a tourist and also there would be the schooling issue. I think your idea is better, he is old enough (I think?) to understand that these things can take time and he might just be better off waiting.

Oh if only I had a dollar for every time I heard about a teenager that refuse to go on the app but then changed their mind ....

Evening,

I posted the other day regarding my son and the fact he has changed his mind and now wants to come with us. The problem is this..... we fly out Jan 30th and at present have bn told the offshore child visa is taking about 7 mths, is there any other option for us? We had decided he would follow us out with my parents in Aug when his visa thru but hes told us this eveing he really wants to come with us asap!! As a mother i feel pretty useless at the moment as i cant see how he can join us any quicker? Is it worth calling Aus House to explain the situ and see if theres any special circumstance we may be allowed??

Thanks in advance

Kelly

Is there anyway you can lodge NOW? or is it not possible or feasible?

Archived