Perth here we come - YIPPPEEEE!!!!!

Jessiewessie

Hi

Not been on for a while. We have sold our house and living with parents for about 2 months before we fly. The furniture has been wrapped prepped for shipping. Has anyone any info on the below:

1) I have been contacted by Torfx for money conversion and setting up an account with ANZ bank in Oz. Has anyone heard of these companies. 2) Are they OK?

3) Short term rental websites for March time.

4) Area recommendations - we were thinking of Belmont. Want to live close to Perth city central but also reasonably priced.

If anyone is going out March 2013 please get in touch as would love to befriend prior to going.

Jessiewessie

:xmas23::laugh::laugh:

We have used Moneycorp for a few years now, and touch wood no probs at all. We call dealer, he places the trade, we send money, 5 days later the currency is in our bank account. Have no hesitation in recommending them. If you register with them and say you are a PIO member, I think they offer a discount as well, which can only be a bonus.

Short term websites that I have looked at were www.stayz.com.au and www.homefromhome.com.au I have also looked at www.booking.com. Booking.com is normally a site I use for holiday accommodation, but we were looking for a unit for a short stay over the New Year and I found a furnished unit on there near the city cheaper than anywhere else, so they might have something that you are looking for for an extended stay which works out reasonable.

We are hoping to be in Perth next year, not sure when yet.

Good Luck with your move - how very exciting!!!

Hi Jessiewessie!

First of all, congrats! We are going to Perth in January. Let me ask some questions related to yours, because as I see started scheduling earlier then us :-)

1., Do you have any new information about Torfx? They would transfer all of our money...

2., ?

3., Have you founded a good hostel or landlord? We could make a turn, because we plan to leave short term acc end of Feb, so you could follow us.

4., same as yours

Welcome in virtual Perth, hug in the real!

Bye,

Ferenc

Archived