Family areas sydney help pls

conor222

Padstow isn't near the others, which are north-west up in the Hills District.

Padstow is down south, between Hurstville and Liverpool. 1940's post-war suburb. Flat, hot and not very exciting. Can't say it would be worth moving 12000 miles to live there.

I disagree totally with your description of Padstow. Padstow has a railway station and a mixture of shops and restaurants, similar to a little town. My brother lives at Picnic Point which is 4 or 5 kilometres from Padstow. Revesby and Panania are the next suburbs down the line from Padstow. If I was wanting to bring up a family I'd have no problem moving to any of them. Just about every suburb in Sydney is hot in the summer and only the ones near the coast benefit from the sea breezes.

The other suburbs are OK too but don't have railway stations, so you are relying on buses, if you have no car. I guess if I had a job up that way, I'd be happy to live there.

Do you know what part of the city you are going to be working? And how much you can afford? Do some searches on www.domain.com.au.

I disagree totally with your description of Padstow.

LOL! Which bit? 1940's, flat, hot or not very exciting?

Everything I said is true..

Most development occurred in Padstow post-war. Which is why it has loads of small fibro/weatherboard houses typical of that era.

It's flat in Padstow. Show me where the hills are?

It's hot in the western suburbs. Padstow is a western suburb.

It's not very exciting in Padstow. Where are the beaches, cafes, bars, nightlife? Certainly not in Padstow. Name one thing that Padstow is famous for?

It's just a bog-standard Sydney suburb, miles from the beach, not particularly close to the city and it's closest main centre is the slightly undesirable Bankstown.

I still wouldn't recommend it..

Yes we're already viewing this week. Hornsby has also come up... Any comments on Hornsby or cherry brook also appreciated

Hornsby is good. On the main North Shore train line so much more convenient than the Hills District.

Cherrybrook is a new(ish) Hills suburb. Loads of large, suburban houses. Long way out, though and no trains that way. The High School is huge but has a very good reputation.

Hornsby is good. On the main North Shore train line so much more convenient than the Hills District.

Cherrybrook is a new(ish) Hills suburb. Loads of large, suburban houses. Long way out, though and no trains that way. The High School is huge but has a very good reputation.

You could substitute 'Hornsby' or 'Cherrybrook' for Padstow in your example above. Where are their beaches, cafes, bars, nightlife? In fact, you could pick just about any suburb in Sydney from A to Z and ask that same question.

What is wrong with fibro/weatherboard homes anyway? Plenty of Sydneysiders are not too snobbish to live in them, although many of them are being demolished and being replaced by a new generation of homes. If you took a drive around the area, you might actually have noticed that.

What is wrong with a suburb being flat?

What is wrong with the Western Suburbs?

Everybody (except perhaps you) knows that the geographical centre of Sydney is actually Parramatta so millions of Sydneysiders live many miles from beaches, cafes, bars, nightlife.

Padstow is a pleasant suburb for an 'average' family to live, with a number of shops, restaurants, cafes, pub and RSL, schools, with a railway station which is about 30 mins from Sydney, plus bus connections to Bankstown.

What is wrong with that? Ditto Hornsby and Cherrybrook, although Cherrybrook has no railway station.

[h=1]Here is a page of homes courtesy of www.domain.com.au, including one of the dreaded fibro's. As you can see, there is a variety and as I said before, Padstow, like many Sydney suburbs is being transformed as more and more of the original bungalows are demolished and replaced with two storey detached or semi-detached homes.

434 properties for sale found in: Padstow 2211(including 394 in surrounding suburbs)[/h]

[h=2]View Options[/h]

map options

Show properties on map Sort Results... Suburb A-Z Suburb Z-A Lowest Price Highest Price Latest Listing Inspection Time Video

• banner_17169.GIF Add to shortlist [h=3]37B Chamberlain Road, Padstow[/h]Property type House Bedrooms 3 Bathrooms 2 Car spaces 2

• 9c5cfbbb-0b80-4d74-8837-477f1e9ab901_PM.JPG?mod=121110-234056
    • 86a32505-85d6-42c6-bd6f-ac6705b06e8d_PM.JPG?mod=121110-234056

[h=4]$560,000[/h][h=5]MODERN LIVING - AFFORDABLE OPPORTUNITY[/h]PROUDLY MARKETED BY RALPH FIRST REAL ESTATE. Priced to sell is this Immaculate 3 bedroom Torrens-title Duplex combining modern interior ...

More Details Advertiser searchlogo_17169.GIF Advertiser video Contact Chris Wilding

RALPH First Real Estate

• Under offer or under contract

[*]banner_8468.GIF Add to shortlist [h=3]10 Nella Street, Padstow[/h]Property type House Bedrooms 3 Bathrooms 1 Car spaces 1

• 2010158476_1_PM.JPG?mod=121211-051552
    • 2010158476_2_PM.JPG?mod=121211-051552

[h=4]Auction[/h][h=5]Superb Land ~ 735m2[/h]Under instructions from NSW Trustee and Guardian. Set in a peaceful and sought after cul-de-sac location, walking distance to Padstow s...

More Details Advertiser searchlogo_8468.GIF Advertiser video Contact Todd Owsnett

Chambers Fleming Professionals…

• Up for auction within 7 days

[*]banner_8468.GIF Add to shortlist [h=3]11 Moro Avenue, Padstow[/h]Property type House Bedrooms 4 Bathrooms 2 Car spaces 1

• 2010167049_1_PM.JPG?mod=121211-051606
    • 2010167049_2_PM.JPG?mod=121211-051606

[h=4]$615,000[/h][h=5]Prime Time Location[/h]Set in one of Padstow's finest streets this recently renovated 4 bedroom home is a fine piece of real estate. Inside you will love the ...

More Details Advertiser searchlogo_8468.GIF Advertiser video Contact Dean Owsnett

[*]

[*]Add to shortlist [h=3]Padstow[/h]Property type House Bedrooms 4 Bathrooms 3 Car spaces 1

2010145925_1_PM.JPG?mod=121201-001629 [h=4]$699,000 NEG[/h][h=5]Two brand new luxury duplexes[/h]+ 4 bedrooms built-in, en-suited to main and balcony + Good size living room and separate dinning room + Tile through ou...

More Details Advertiser searchlogo_12066.GIF

[*]banner_8468.GIF Add to shortlist [h=3]2B Prosser Avenue, Padstow[/h]Property type House Bedrooms 4 Bathrooms 2 Car spaces 1

• 2010108438_1_PM.JPG?mod=121214-034328
    • 2010108438_2_PM.JPG?mod=121214-034328

[h=4]$635,000[/h][h=5]Full Brick Duplex[/h]This stunning dual level duplex home located in Padstow has been priced ideally for first home buyers to reap the rewards & save $$$. Qu...

More Details Advertiser searchlogo_8468.GIF Advertiser video Contact Bill Kordos

• Under offer or under contract

[*]banner_8468.GIF Add to shortlist [h=3]2C Prosser Avenue, Padstow[/h]Property type House Bedrooms 4 Bathrooms 2 Car spaces 1

• 2010108526_1_PM.JPG?mod=121212-112749
    • 2010108526_2_PM.JPG?mod=121212-112749

[h=4]$639,000[/h][h=5]Superb Double Brick Duplex[/h]This a fantastic opportunity to save $$$ with the current government grants on offer. Calling all first home buyers & smart investors. T...

More Details Advertiser searchlogo_8468.GIF

Archived