PR and speed caution on the same day!

whoiam

Finally! Yes, finally, after months of an interminable wait for a DRC application, our PR came through yesterday. OH was also caught by the camera police for over speeding on the way to work. So all in all the day evened out I should say.

They let him off with a caution as it was his first offence. That's a good thing I suppose. Anyway it was a UK licence so I guess they wouldn't have been able to take it off him.

Spent the evening searching for a good Indian restaurant for dinner but finally ended up at Akash restaurant run by a Fijian at Liverpool. His medium spiced Biriyani burned a hole in my mouth. Otherwise not too bad but nothing to write home about other than the price which was quite reasonable.

Tried explaining to the kids what a PR was and finally realised its not an easy concept-- is it?

Have to go to centrelink in the morning to update on our new status!

Guest Guest26012

Congratulations on the PR! The speeding fine, oh dear lol! I drove in the uk for 25 years without one fine. In five years here I'm on my third lol! No, not a hoon just on a road that switches from 70 to 90 to 110km! My fault should have watched the signs! And we'll done on finding a curry here that burnt your mouth lol!

I don't know what a 'PR' is? Permanent Residence? or 'DRC!'

you're right- PR is Permanent Residence. DRC stands for decision ready checklist-- basically a PR application where the employer sponsors you and a migration agent ensures that all the documents are submitted -- this is supposed to make the whole process quicker but in our case it took several months.

Archived