just moved to brisbane. our story

gordonsmith

Guest BoardBabe
Yeah, a lot of the rental stock can be fairly poor unless you move significantly up from entry pricing...I assume they have a lot of student accomm around there.

We've budgeted for $650 max. Is that realistic for a 3/4 bed house?

I don't really know the Gap but really like Ashgrove which is a 5 minute drive from us in Newmarket. One of the reasons we chose here is because there is a bus route and train line, so maybe worth having a look at areas where there is a train line for commuting.

Hi Sarah

We have just moved from Carnoustie to Brisbane and used Crown relocations. Excellent service. Same advice that other have given. Pack stuff inside other stuff (cutlery in jugs, egg cups in bread box, bedding in underbed storage, towels in linen baskets). This saved us having to fork out for a 40ft container. We even left dvds in the bookcases on removal companies recommendation. I can also recommend Kilmarnock removals (as a Killie girl originally, our family have used them on many occasions and my old neighbour works for them)

Morag

Guest BoardBabe

Hi Morag

Thanks for the info. Its' always good to hear about other good experiences. I've asked Crown, Kilmarnock, Anglo Pacific and someone else (can't remember who) to quote.

It's all getting scarily close now and I don't finish work until 9th Jan :-(

Archived