Visa Granted, but worried about first entry date

deano27

Hi all

My 176 visa has been granted today 30th November 2012, but it appears that my first entry date is the 10th August 2013.

I thought this would be 12 months from the date granted.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks

Dean

Yeah 12 months from medical our visa was granted September but medicals were July so we have to be there by July 2013

Sarah

Police checks were only finalised in the last few days, but it must be on the medicals, which was a few months back.

That has made things a bit more interesting. :biggrin:

Better get my act together and start saving for the trip...

Woohoo early visit to Australia...

Just checked my medical details and the dates were the 24/09/12 so I am not sure why I have a first entry of the 10 August. Is there anyway this can be challenged.

Your Australian Medical & X-ray on-line application has been completed & sent via E-Health on 24/09/12.

Just checked my medical details and the dates were the 24/09/12 so I am not sure why I have a first entry of the 10 August. Is there anyway this can be challenged.

Your Australian Medical & X-ray on-line application has been completed & sent via E-Health on 24/09/12.

It will be the date that you did your medicals (i.e were at the medical center) not when they were completed.

It will be the date that you did your medicals (i.e were at the medical center) not when they were completed.

oh no this is a nightmare as the date is too early and will be very difficult to make that date. What are my options to get this extended. Renew my health checks??

As far as I'm aware you don't have to enter the country to start living there by this date you can just have to visit to validate the visa by this date.

My husband knew someone who was granted their visa and was due to go away to Afghan for 6 months so on his pre-tour leave he jumped on a plane, arrived in Oz got his visa stamped and then jumped straight back on a plane to travel back to the UK ready to do his job. Not suggesting you do it this way I bet he was shattered but the visa is then valid for 5 years once it's been validated although I can't tell you whether that's 5 years from the validation trip, from the medicals or from when it was granted hopefully someone with more knowledge can let you know that one.

oh no this is a nightmare as the date is too early and will be very difficult to make that date. What are my options to get this extended. Renew my health checks??

This date can not be changed - it clearly says that on your grant letter.

Its 8 months away is there a reason why you can not validate by then, even with a holiday.

I have just read another thread where somebody has claimed to have changed the validation date, however they only had tfour months to validate, you have nine months. Seems like plenty of time, the most anyone would practically get would be 11.5 months which is not much more.

Just get on with it. Go for a weekend if need be.