Financial Investment Advisor Migration Group

gtaark

Hi, I believe the RG146 is 'Australia's' version of a financial planning exam needed to give advice. I have a financial planning diploma im the UK and when I enquired through various education boards in Aus, they told me that I needed rg146 to give any financial advice in Aus, maybe I m wrong? Google on the related websites for rg146 and it will give you more info.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On their website they have updated..Financial Investment Advisor was out from list in August 2012...I was initially planning to go on 489 visa with WA, but foundout by calling them to confirm its availability as it disappeared from the website. By calling they confirmed to me that its reached its cap for the year.

Hi gtaark, how did you find out about WA has reached it's capacity for Financial Advisers? We would of preferred NSW anyway but we were advised by our agent that WA has a shortfall?

Hi There,

I was wondering if any of you was sucessful in the NsW 190 application being sponsored By them. I Applied under Financial Investments Adviser yesterday and would like to know how long it is taking to have any feedback fron them which I suppose is getting more than 10 weeks now.

Thanks Mattybe and Raj for the directions, they were very clear. Will do the NSW app this week. I'll keep you guys updated. One small thing: Do I need to do the IELTS test if I have a Canadian passport? It said on the SkillSelect website (http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/functional-english/) :

Proof that confirms a person's ability to communicate in English includes:

• an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) average score of at least 4.5 for the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing)
  • the applicant's first language is English and they have a current passport from ... Canada, ...

Seeing as this second point describes my situation, I don't want to bother doing IELTS. But I'm paranoid of being rejected because I didn't do it. What do you guys think?

One quick question plz..Urgent..

for the bank draft of $300 payable to "Industry & Investment NSW"

My bank wrote payable to Industry and Investment NSW

They have used "AND" instead of "&".

Any issues in that?? Plz advise

I highly doubt this will be a problem. In fact I am certain this is not a problem. The Australian authorities cash thousands of cheques each year for the exact sum of $300. Yours is one of them. The bank is not going to refuse payment (to the Australian government!! Who is the absolute last entity you would suspect for cashing fake cheques!!) because of a silly "&". I think you are just worried and fearing problems where there will be none. I am completely sure you can relax about this. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys .i applied to vetassess on 7th Nov still waiting.what were the processing time for you guys.as i am in aus and could not get the reference letters from Indiai gave them a stat declaration along with other proofs like contract copies.payslipstax statements. will they be ok with this.also did you ref or employees were contacted .what are your views on occupational ceiling for fin advisor fit nsw ss.

Sydneydreams, I don't know why yours is taking so long. I got a reply from Vetassess within 6 weeks (Sent the application Sept 20, they probably got it Sept 30, then I got the positive response Nov 14.)

Maybe your lack of reference letters is what's holding up the process. I gave them 100% everything they wanted, clearly labelled, certified. So my case was easy to approve. Maybe they are still undecided about what to do about yours. You could call them and ask kindly, "Is everything alright? I could try to get you more proof if that's what you need. Please tell me what you need". I find that people are shy/there is a lag/hesitant/etc to contact people to tell them they need something, but when you ask them, they will tell you.

My references didn't call me to say they got contacted. So no, they didn't contact my references. But my friend tells me that his friend in Egypt applied for some other visa, and they called his school to verify that he has the degree.

Sydneydreams, I don't know why yours is taking so long. I got a reply from Vetassess within 6 weeks (Sent the application Sept 20, they probably got it Sept 30, then I got the positive response Nov 14.)

Maybe your lack of reference letters is what's holding up the process. I gave them 100% everything they wanted, clearly labelled, certified. So my case was easy to approve. Maybe they are still undecided about what to do about yours. You could call them and ask kindly, "Is everything alright? I could try to get you more proof if that's what you need. Please tell me what you need". I find that people are shy/there is a lag/hesitant/etc to contact people to tell them they need something, but when you ask them, they will tell you.

My references didn't call me to say they got contacted. So no, they didn't contact my references. But my friend tells me that his friend in Egypt applied for some other visa, and they called his school to verify that he has the degree.

hi

my friend who applied from india got his positive assesment on 14th feb ,he had applied on 3rd oct.

anybody else who can share his timeine.

• 2 weeks later...

Submitted the docs and $300 for NSW yesterday.

Paid with a bank cheque that says "Industry and Investment NSW" instead of "&".

Didn't do anything for IELTS but attached a printout of the page where it says that Canadian passport is proof of English ability.

Now waiting patiently for the 16 weeks of processing time to pass, as Raj said... Raj, keep us updated so we know when you get in! :)

hi parisienne....m still waiting for my approval letter...its been more than 3 months, but still no response.....hopefully in a week or two.....
Hey guys.I just received my vetassess assessment and Now planning to send docs to nsw. The list of docs says letter of ref reqd i do not Have that for vetassess as well i provided contractCopies.payslips and tax records.should this be ok with nsw.Do we have to register on skillset before sending the Docs also if yea where to mention the eoi no.Also are you guys planning to do Rg146.

Hi all,

I'm a fully diploma qualified adviser from the UK. My wife submitted our visa app in September -she is a podiatrist and the main party in our application, still waiting (Victoria) for them to even look at our application and send the relevant forms for our medicals to be completed!!

I'm gonna look after the kids initially but will probably look at getting back into advice when we are settled after a couple of months. I understand I will need the R146 but does anyone know if the UK diploma is taken into account or will I have to start from scratch?

Also in the Uk I went thru all my exams whilst working as an adviser - does this happen in Oz or will I have to pay and get myself qualified before looking for jobs?

Hi exciled in Wales. I have recently qualified in the uk. My understanding is that we need to do the rg146 as the course covers Aus regs, superanuation. I ve been told it will take 10 months and about 1500 grand. There are loads of Aus based training companies that will cater for oversea applicants. How long ago did you start the visa process? I m going to start the rg146 once the visa has been ok. Keep in touch and let me know how you get on.

• 4 weeks later...

Did you find out the information that you needed? I ve just received a positive response from my Vetassess. What are anyone's thoughts on other states opening up the doors for financial adviser and manager roles? I know at the moment only NSW are accepting potential applicants, when I started the process WA were looking for advisers. I know it's a case how long is a piece of string but what are your thoughts or what have you been told about how long realistically it will take to get a visa accepted. Excluding the Medicaid and any issues, I was looking for people thoughts?

• 1 month later...

Dear all,

Would anyone like to update their profile as is outlined below:

Point: 60 (with partner bonus, without bonus point from nomination)

IELTS: Overall 7 L 7 R 7.5 W 6.5 S 7

W/E: 7 years in Invesment Mangement Compnay

Nomination: wait to apply

EOI: wait to apply

All the best,

GJMFL

• 3 months later...

hi, may i know if you have got your visa please? can i have your timetable of visa please?

Got NSW state sponsorship approved today for Financial Investment Advisor. !!!!! :D

NSW application sent: March 7

IELTS: Overall 9; L 8.5 R 9 W 8.5 S 9

EOI: Launched 15 Nov 2012

YEAAAAH!!