Confused.com = Customs form

klm081

So my life is going to be boxed up on Monday and my shipping company has emailed me customs forms to fill in for unaccompanied personal effects. They need it before my goods are taken but the form asks for : number of boxes, name of ship, estimated date of arrival, container number etc. How can I fill this in accurately when my stuff hasn't even been packed yet? Confused.com. Am I missing something?

Kelly

Hi Kelly

I asked the same question of my shipping company last week! They emailed back stating that they will fill it in once they have the information. I completed the rest of the form, scanned it and emailed it back to them. Our belongings are also being collected on Monday!! Nerve wrecking isn't it.

Amanda

Thanks , i had completely forgotten about the customs form! Our cars go Monday, stuff packing on Tuesday and taken away Wednesday.

Bit extra stressed that after the turmoil of picking a shipper. Paying a bit extra for the service cos in the end they compromised a bit on what we wanted.now they won't talk to us or answer our questions. The emails started last week the contact at the shippers/ packeds being really nice. emailing on first name basis. then at the end of last week ,email correspondences began with "dear Mr" .'OH has phoned and asked questions because he wasn't getting answers to all three questions he had emailed. she was a bit abrupt and said she would email him. 24 hours later , no response. then he rang and was directed to someone else. i think you get the idea.

It's strange how we have read all the posts, the do's And Don'ts and we still get given extra stress. I told each person who came to the house that we had rejected companies because some companies employ impolite and rude idiots to answer their phones.

Good luck you guys l I'm sure everything will be fine in the end.

I am toying with writing an email of complaint though after our stuff has been shipped to their CEO.sending copies of the emails from their really hormonal / Jekyll And Hyde employee.

• Thanks , i had completely forgotten about the customs form! Our cars go Monday, stuff packing on Tuesday and taken away Wednesday.

Bit extra stressed that after the turmoil of picking a shipper. Paying a bit extra for the service cos in the end they compromised a bit on what we wanted.now they won't talk to us or answer our questions. The emails started last week the contact at the shippers/ packeds being really nice. emailing on first name basis. then at the end of last week ,email correspondences began with "dear Mr" .'OH has phoned and asked questions because he wasn't getting answers to all three questions he had emailed. she was a bit abrupt and said she would email him. 24 hours later , no response. then he rang and was directed to someone else. i think you get the idea.

It's strange how we have read all the posts, the do's And Don'ts and we still get given extra stress. I told each person who came to the house that we had rejected companies because some companies employ impolite and rude idiots to answer their phones.

Good luck you guys l I'm sure everything will be fine in the end.

I am toying with writing an email of complaint though after our stuff has been shipped to their CEO.sending copies of the emails from their really hormonal / Jekyll And Hyde employee.

Thanks for replying! I was told the same thing to fill it in as much as I could and they would do the rest later! So stressful isn't it! Good luck to you both - lets hope our things are not lost at sea (gulp) !!! I hope we've all made the right choice with our companies too it does worry you when you here stories of them not replying etc.

Kelly

Archived