Advice re positiveCPA skills assessment for accountant 189 or 489 visa

Bridgeman

I am researching emigration possibilites for a relative who already has a degree and has just completed an ACCA qualification while working. Are we correct in understanding that in order to receive a positive skills assessment it is necessary to take an IELTS test in order to get a positive skills assessment, regardless of whether you hold a British passport.

Also with regard to work experience, do they only count work experience gained after completion of the ACCA? Any help/advice appreciated.

You need to have 60 points to get an invitation and apply for both these visas. If you have 60 points without doing the IELTS the you do not need to do one. I got my points as follows

Skilled Employment within Australia: 10 points

Education: 10 points

State Sponsorship: 5 points (10 for subclass 489)

Hi

I had my skills assessed by CPA (im CIMA qualified) and I had to sit the academic IELTs, you need 7 in all components for CPA to assess your skills.

In terms of employment they counted my work experience once I had passed managerial level exams however on my EOI I only claimed points for work experience once a CIMA member as I did not want to risk over claiming points. People seem to suggest it's at the discretion of your CO what they will accept.

I am researching emigration possibilites for a relative who already has a degree and has just completed an ACCA qualification while working. Are we correct in understanding that in order to receive a positive skills assessment it is necessary to take an IELTS test in order to get a positive skills assessment, regardless of whether you hold a British passport.

Also with regard to work experience, do they only count work experience gained after completion of the ACCA? Any help/advice appreciated.

Some accountancy skills assessments need the Academic IELTS.

As for work experience this is a complicated one for Accountants and best if a RMA helps you here, it really depends if you can show that they were doing the role of an Accountant which they were working on becoming chartered.

Try Go Matilda, Alan Collette who regularly post on the forum is a Registered Agent and accountant.

Hi,

HEre is the information regarding the CPA assessment http://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/cpa-site/hs.xsl/become-how-migration-requirements-criteria.html

You do need to take the IELTS Academic Test and score a minimum of 7 in all modules in order to meet the English requirement for the CPA.

However, note that if you do not score 8+ in the Academic test, you can then take the IELTS General test in an attempt to score 8+ to score the full 20 points for DIAC purposes. The General test is remarkably easier than the Academic.

I submitted my CPA Assessment back in September and it took a full 5 weeks for them to process.

All the best,

Rosie

• 3 years later...
Hi

I had my skills assessed by CPA (im CIMA qualified) and I had to sit the academic IELTs, you need 7 in all components for CPA to assess your skills.

In terms of employment they counted my work experience once I had passed managerial level exams however on my EOI I only claimed points for work experience once a CIMA member as I did not want to risk over claiming points. People seem to suggest it's at the discretion of your CO what they will accept.

Hey hey can you help me please. I am a Cima member with no degree so what experience will be counted,? Only post membership ?

Archived